Teeth implants

Hermanpaw

Going through the stages of having teeth implants. The last stage was suppose to be completed end of January but due to an infection can now only be done in June. (This is fitting the cap upon the screw.)

The problem... We want to be in Aus by the end of January and our dentist say that we can do it in Aus. He will supply all the goodies in RSA for us to take with.

Can it be done in Aus? Anybody with similar experience? Any RSA dentist in Adelaide willing and able to do it? Costs involved?

The denstist need to have done implants in the past and have a technician that can make the tooth from the parts supplied.

Going through the stages of having teeth implants. The last stage was suppose to be completed end of January but due to an infection can now only be done in June. (This is fitting the cap upon the screw.)

The problem... We want to be in Aus by the end of January and our dentist say that we can do it in Aus. He will supply all the goodies in RSA for us to take with.

Can it be done in Aus? Anybody with similar experience? Any RSA dentist in Adelaide willing and able to do it? Costs involved?

The denstist need to have done implants in the past and have a technician that can make the tooth from the parts supplied.

I would sugest that you first find out if the implant system used is available in Aus, as there are many different systems. If it is Southern Implants ( localy made and available in Aus) or Nobel Biocare system then you should not have a problem finding a Dentist or a technician who can help you .

Maxi

Dear Hermanpaw,

My heart goes out to you with your problems with your teeth.

Personally (and this is only me… :ilikeit: ) I strongly recommend that you finish your dental work in South Africa. Dentistry in Australia is very expensive :ilikeit: !!! We are in Brisbane and I recently had to undergo neuromuscular dentistry (jaw problems – TMJ) which cost us just over $3000 in total :cry: and this is only the first stage! My father in law is a dentist in SA and it would have been cheaper for me to fly back to SA and for him to do it, but I need a dentist nearby for follow up treatments and adjustments, so I had to do it locally :cry: .

I don’t know how severe your problem is, but I will most definitely finish the treatment in SA. Not only due to the cost (dentistry in Australia is very expensive), but also because you dentist in SA is familiar with your history.

My friend’s dad is the dean of Dentistry at University of Adelaide. He is an academic :ilikeit: and as far as I know do not practice dentistry himself, but he may know a dentist somewhere in Adelaide who can support you with further treatment :ilikeit: . I can always try to put you in touch with my friend’s dad.

Good luck and I really hope that it goes well – whatever you decide :ilikeit: .

All the best.

Pippa! X

Archived