Cheap airfares ex JNB to OZ on V Australia

luvoz

Hi, Just checked the V Australia website and note that they have released some very cheap airfares ex JNB to Australia.

For example the return fare ex JNB to Melbourne, Brisbane amounts to under R7999 incl taxes and the one way fare ex JNB-Melbourne, Brisbane amounts to R4699 incl taxes. The sale ends on 11 November for travel period 13 March - 31 May 2010. There are other great airfares to Sydney & Adelaide as well. They have two flights a week between JNB & MEL and then connect onwards to other Australian cities. These are very cheap fares for anyone wanting to travel next year. Also, the one way fares will be great for those making their final trip to Australia. :ilikeit:

EXCELLENT news ! Can you tell me where you got this though as I have checked the V Australia (SA) website and it only gives faires to UK and Europe. I may be acting blond these days, but I thought this would be excellent for family to visit over Easter which is the first weekend of April.

THANKS!

Nix

Nix,

Just click on country near the top and there you will find SA in the drop down box.... near the Auzzie flag !

Joanna

Thanks Luvoz,

Just what I needed... cheap tickets . I am thrilled. Such great deals.

Joanna

Thanks Luvoz,

Just what I needed... cheap tickets . I am thrilled. Such great deals.

Joanna

Have you tried IOM ..they had by far the cheapest flights and extra baggage allowance

We have just bought tickets via V Australia to visit SA next year March/April and it worked out to $3000 for 2 adults and an infant for Syd-Melb-Jhb return. That is at LEAST $1300 cheaper than what Qantas can do on their specials right now. Well worth it if you ask me.

If the travel period is 13 March to 31 May, does that mean they have to go back before the 31st of May or do they only have to start their travel between those two dates. (If someone wants to visit Melbourne from SA)?

Can anyone please give the website for V Asutralia - I am a bit lost right now!

R

Can anyone please give the website for V Asutralia - I am a bit lost right now!

R

Their flights to/from Johannesburg start operating on 13 March 2010 as it is a new airline and they are introducing this route next year.

If the travel period is 13 March to 31 May, does that mean they have to go back before the 31st of May or do they only have to start their travel between those two dates. (If someone wants to visit Melbourne from SA)?

The travel period 13 March to 31 May 2010 means you can depart anytime during this time ex SA to Melbourne, that is, it is for the outbound flights. The return travel can be anytime ... V Australia allow a max stay of 12 months. There is no minimum stay.

Thanks for that info, luvoz - now I have a booking to make! :unsure:

I booked tickets for myself and two kiddes (7 & 9), one way to Adelaide for end of March 2010 and it cost R12 400. Luggage limited to 23 kgs, but between three of us I'm sure we can manage with the limit. Hubby leaving in January 2010. Can't wait - Adelaide here we come!

Have you tried IOM ..they had by far the cheapest flights and extra baggage allowance

Sorry for silly questions. Who are IOM? That is, are they a travel agent of some kind? What does IOM stand for? Could you please advise me of their tel number or website address. Want to advise friends in SA of the details. Thanks ... :blink:

Sorry for silly questions. Who are IOM? That is, are they a travel agent of some kind? What does IOM stand for? Could you please advise me of their tel number or website address. Want to advise friends in SA of the details. Thanks ... :blink:

IOM is the International Organisation for Migration. http://www.iom.int

They have arrangements with all the airlines to sell very cheap one way tickets for migrants. The nice thing about flying with them is that you get 40kgs of luggage instead of 20. A ticket to Perth would cost about R5000 through them. Their contact details are on this forum somewhere.

edit: sa site = http://iom.org.za/site/

IOM is the International Organisation for Migration. http://www.iom.int

They have arrangements with all the airlines to sell very cheap one way tickets for migrants. The nice thing about flying with them is that you get 40kgs of luggage instead of 20. A ticket to Perth would cost about R5000 through them. Their contact details are on this forum somewhere.

edit: sa site = http://iom.org.za/site/

Also the nice thing with IOM it is exchange rates that dictate the price not season.

I asked IOM for a quotaition and after a week of many phone calls and quotes from them (they were very helpful), managed to book our own flight at a cheaper rate - the only advantage they could offer was the extra luggage.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, Just checked the V Australia website and note that they have released some very cheap airfares ex JNB to Australia.

For example the return fare ex JNB to Melbourne, Brisbane amounts to under R7999 incl taxes and the one way fare ex JNB-Melbourne, Brisbane amounts to R4699 incl taxes. The sale ends on 11 November for travel period 13 March - 31 May 2010. There are other great airfares to Sydney & Adelaide as well. They have two flights a week between JNB & MEL and then connect onwards to other Australian cities. These are very cheap fares for anyone wanting to travel next year. Also, the one way fares will be great for those making their final trip to Australia. :ilikeit:

Just noted that V Australia have extended their sale for their special fares ex JNB to Australia until 21 December 09. These are great fares compared to SAA and Qantas. :ilikeit:

If only they had flights still available!!

Argh, there's like nothing available in March from what I can see!

If only they had flights still available!!

Argh, there's like nothing available in March from what I can see!

Sorry to hear that. Probably getting full since they only start flying mid March & Easter being around the corner. My travel agent was saying that V Australia have these special fares available for travel from March until 31 October, ex JNB. So for those wanting tp travel eg in August / September you might see some cheap airfares.

Archived