Duty Free Booze in Transit. Allowed?

GottaGo

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but I can't find any reference to it. My folks are flying to Perth via Singapore for a visit next month. If they buy duty free alcohol in Cape Town (as hand luggage obviously), how do they get it to Perth? Will Singapore customs confiscate it or is this allowed to be carried in transit if sealed. Has anyone done this? (My husband wants his KWV!!)

Thanks,

Sally Martin

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but I can't find any reference to it. My folks are flying to Perth via Singapore for a visit next month. If they buy duty free alcohol in Cape Town (as hand luggage obviously), how do they get it to Perth? Will Singapore customs confiscate it or is this allowed to be carried in transit if sealed. Has anyone done this? (My husband wants his KWV!!)

Thanks,

Sally Martin

They will have to put it in their Suitcase as it will be taken off them in Singapore. Forget about getting it at duty free. Buy from a bottle store , wrap well in bubble wrap, pop in a box if possible and stick it in the middle of the suitcase- only way i am afraid!!

Archived