Telephone/Internet Service Providers

Dedrei

Please can some of you provide us with the details of what you pay per month for a phone line plus a broad band connection and what company you are using.

I have tried going to all the websites, but there is so many and I would just like to see who uses what company.

Jis Dedrei

ons was ook maar stupid gewees met al die internet subscribers en so aan toe ons hier geland het. Ons het toe vir optus gegaan vir huis foon en broadband...en ons kan nie wag vir ons jaar om te eindig nie!! verloor partykeer 3 of 4 maal binne 'n uur ons internet sein. My man nie baie happy met hulle diens nie.

My man het nou al so rond gekyk en ons wil oor gaan na iinet. hulle is goedkooper en vinniger spoed (broadband 2) en jy kan VOIP ook by hulle kry. As ek reg onthou is OZEMAIL ook deel van hulle.

Shop maar goed rond voor jy besluit.

Ons is by Ozemail, kry vir $49 pakket 20Gb (10Gb off peak en 10Gb peak) "download" kwota per maand. VOIP wireless (ADSL 2+ high speed broadband) modem gekry vir $199. Ons telefoon lyn is ook by Ozemail en die rekening is werklik min saam met die internet - bel baie oorsee. Kyk op kuduclub my programmetjies. Web addres: www.ozemail.com.au

Groetnis

Madelein

Dedrei,

Ons is by Optusnet vir broadband en telefoon, nie te slegte diens wat ons van hulle kry nie. Het maar woes rondgeshop toe ons hier aankom en die keuses was vir ons verbysterend, veral as jy ook nog vir selfone shop. Enewel eks seker daar is beter opsies maar ek dink ons is maar te lui om weer rond te shop, want dit kan nogals 'n mission word veral as jy nie die gadget tipe is nie. Ek dink advies soos bo is goed want mens kan leer van ander wat al hulle huiswerk gedoen het. Ek dink ek sal ook sommer die bg opsies navors.

Wag tot julle vir huislenings en ander finansiele opsies ondersoek - as jy nou 'n duisternis keuses wil sien, daar is darem mense wat hiermee kan help maar 'n ou moet maar die basics uitvind anders weet jy nie of iemand jou 'n rat voor die oe draai nie.

Sterkte

I am with a company called aanet for my broadband connection. I have had it for about six months now and have never once been down. The company that I work for are with pacific and there again, we have never had any down time in eighteen months.

www.aanet.com.au

www.pacific.net.au

With regard to mobile phones, if you are going to do a lot of country travelling, then you would be better off with Telstra, they have the greatest coverage. The others like to tell you that they cover x amount of the population, yeah right, but they do not cover x amount of the country.

Good luck with your choices.

Good luck.

Originally, there was only Telecom Australia (or "Telstra" as it's been known for about 7 years now). Telstra operate throughout Australia and their internet company is called "Big Pond"

Telstra's phone service, internet provider service and mobile phone service are one of Australia's best . . . . BUT . . . you pay handsomely for their services.

Optus is another company, set up in the early 1990's to provide Australians with an alternative to Telecom.

It is now owned 100% by Singapore Telecom and provides all the services that Telstra provide. They are only just marginally cheaper than Telstra.

Since then, a variety of companies have set up in Australia

A.A.P.T.

Internode

Primus

Vodafone (for mobile phones)

are some that spring to mind.

I have mates that are in the internet business and, for one reason or another, have switched companies over the years to obtain the most competitive rates.

"Internode" seems to be the best service and cheapest rates if you live in capital cities. They are the first Australian company to offer its customers ADSL2 . . . the super fast Broadband service.

Internode offer monthly connection fees and download amounts that are about half price to Optus or Big Pond (Telstra)

For home phone service, Telstra provide a reasonable service, although their monthly "rental" rates of between $18 and $29 are not fun. . . . that's without making that first call even!

By the way, calls from a home phone to another local number in the same or adjoining area are not timed. I can ring another home phone number anywhere in Adelaide for just 20cents and talk all day . . . no limit.

For mobile phones, I've found Vodafone do great deals. Their calls are half the price of Telstra's mobilenet and Optus, the other two mobile phone carriers. All the other mobile phone companies piggy-back off one of these three mobile phone networks in Australia, Telstra having the best coverage throughout Australia, but if you live and work 99.9% of your time in the cities or big country towns then Vodafone or Optus are also great reception.

We are with Optus. Because we have 3 services through them we get discounts and "free" months. This is what we pay per month:

Telephone Line Rental: $22.96 (Our total monthly bill is on average $45 - this includes local, national & mobile phone calls)

Digital TV: $63.90 (Cable TV is cheaper but you have less channels - Optus offers both options)

Unlimited Broadband: $59.05 (Every 3rd month there is no payment)

From my own experience, Optus was very fast & efficient to set everything up, but don't try to call them after that - you hold on for ages, gets shoved from one department to the next etc - selfde as Telkom! I can not complain about the actual service delivery though, it always works and always works 100% We've never been disconnected for any reason. Our broadband is as fast as a snap and our TV reception clear as crystal! For that reason we will remain with them even though their service as far as administration goes really drives me up the wall!