What the Hex is going on in Canberra?

Wax Wolff

If you happened to be in Canberra for the weekend but limited yourself to the usual tourist circuit, you missed out on quite the exorcism. Danny Nalliah, the head of Catch the Fire ministries - convinced that Canberra witches' covens had cursed our federal government with blood sacrifices on Mount Ainslie - gathered some 50 Christians to the North Canberra mountain to drive Beelzebub out.

More on that story here

If you happened to be in Canberra for the weekend but limited yourself to the usual tourist circuit, you missed out on quite the exorcism. Danny Nalliah, the head of Catch the Fire ministries - convinced that Canberra witches' covens had cursed our federal government with blood sacrifices on Mount Ainslie - gathered some 50 Christians to the North Canberra mountain to drive Beelzebub out.

More on that story here

Huh?

And this excerpt from the article sums the whole thing up perfectly

many are willing to sacrifice their time and energy to go to a car park at the top of a Canberra hill to fight invisible spirits affecting our policy makers. Among the reasons for being there given by observers, one man expressed concern about Nalliah's influence (he was relieved the "sane people" had outnumbered Nalliah's group). And one witch/Wiccan repeated the truism that there's not usually much on in Canberra.

Guest Durbanite
And this excerpt from the article sums the whole thing up perfectly

:unsure: 2 Canberra, we are ex Canberrian or whatever you call people that run as far as possible from the big C!!!!!

:unsure: 2 Canberra, we are ex Canberrian or whatever you call people that run as far as possible from the big C!!!!!

Why? I am clearly confuse now!

Guest Durbanite
Why? I am clearly confuse now!

"And one witch/Wiccan repeated the truism that there's not usually much on in Canberra."

That is why!!!!!

And the freezing weather isn't that bad enough; it is for me!!! :unsure:

Never heard a thing about this. Probably because I have a life !!!

Well said

Couple of points:

1. There are several Newspapers that has a longstanding Tradition of running negative publicity against Canberra/ the ACT - The Age being one of them

2. Whilst I do not agree with the type of Christianity this pastor represents I should point out that it is a matter of record that all they wanted to do is to have a prayer meeting on the Mount - the "exorcism" angle was the work of the protesters and has been categorically denied by the pastor during an interview on the local ABC

3. Durbanite you are talking absolute nonsense - how long were you in Canberra - a few months maybe? I have been here five years and it is a great city/big country town to live in. Possibly the greatest place in Australia to raise kids in. The best Universities in Australia are based here, we have lakes, we have events and we have fun.

Thinus

Thank you Thinus !

Whilst I agree that moving from Durbs to the ACT takes some major adjustments - we feel very blessed to be here. Everyone is different - for example my husbands employer has an office in Sydney - instead of retrenching some staff they were given the option to move to the busy Canberra office. They refused. Just wont move to the bush capital.

I drove hubby to the yacht club at 8am yesterday. The lake looked stunning - wish I'd taken the camera !

Canberra will be what you make it - witches, Christians and Pollies !!!

Guest Durbanite
Thank you Thinus !

Whilst I agree that moving from Durbs to the ACT takes some major adjustments - we feel very blessed to be here. Everyone is different - for example my husbands employer has an office in Sydney - instead of retrenching some staff they were given the option to move to the busy Canberra office. They refused. Just wont move to the bush capital.

I drove hubby to the yacht club at 8am yesterday. The lake looked stunning - wish I'd taken the camera !

Canberra will be what you make it - witches, Christians and Pollies !!!

I made clear in my comment that IT DID NOT WORK 4 ME!!! AND I maintain that ANYWHERE BUT CANBERRA!!! DID not need 5 years to absolutely hate it so hun you can all have CANBERRA!!!

Over and Out!!! :thumbdown:

Archived