Howzit!

Nessa

Hi everyone!

I'm from Durban. Can't believe we will have been in Aus six years this Christmas. My hubby and I settled in Melbourne after a bit of time in Brisbane and country Victoria.

Now the next thing is to get the rest of the family over... we're in the process of getting 864 (onshore) for my mom. What a mission! It's going much faster than I expected... three months from lodging they've asked for police clearance and medicals. Took me by surprise, I must confess. I DHL'd the application for police clearance to Pretoria today. Really hope I did it right! *Bites nails* The driver asked me whether they knew what they were doing over there. Uhhhh...

My sister was just about to apply for skilled sponsored when they announced the change in processing times, so we are among the devastated many. But she's dating an engineer, so fingers crossed things might work out there!

This is a great site - I wish I'd found it the first time round!

Welcome! And would be great to hear your experiences emigrating and then settling in. Good luck with the additional applications!

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will keep a look out for our get togethers in Melbourne, and join us!

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to chatting to all of you, and meeting some SA-Melburnians one day. I'm very excited about the rugby get-togethers!

Archived