Nice Recipes

Smitte

Hi

Where is all the nice recipes?? Everytime I open Home and Heart, there is nothing new!!!

Waiting to hear from you all!!

Hi

Where is all the nice recipes?? Everytime I open Home and Heart, there is nothing new!!!

Waiting to hear from you all!!

hi smitte

what recipes are you looking for?

Tasty Kebabs

Chop 10 onions really finely and liquidize them in your Magimix, add 4 branches of fresh flat leaf parsley and liquidise. Mix it in to 2.5kg lean heart smart beef mince. Add 2 teaspoons of ground coriander, 1/3 teaspoon of ground cloves, 1/3 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 5 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of ground cumin, 1/3 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger and 4 teaspoons of GF baking powder. Put some gloves on your hands and mix all the ingredients well together. Put some cling wrap over and let it stand for ½ hour in the fridge.

Make golf ball size balls. Wet your bamboo skewers. A ball per kebab skewer, flatten the ball on the skewer and insure that the mince meat is evenly distributed. Grill till brown in oven on one side and turn around do the second side. Keep an eye on them as they burn easily. You don’t want to overcook them as they will dry out.

Serve with Lime wedges. They freeze well, just remove bamboo stick. We take about 3 in a zip lock bag to work per person. They are great just on their own or as a filling for sandwiches or flatbread etc.

If you want to make them as a finger food just make the balls walnut size and follow above instructions.

Yummy Sheep’s cheesecake free from cow dairy and glutenâ€

Use 20cm spring form pan and 23 cm spring form pan.

Drain 3 jars of 500g Meredith sheep’s yoghurt through a cheese cloth overnight. Place your colander in a glass bowl, line it with the cheesecloth, and scoop in the 3 jars of sheep’s yoghurt. Twist the cloth so that the yoghurt moves to the centre of the cloth and use the top ends of the cloth to tie it to the handles of the colander so that the cloth is a bit elevated above the colander. Drain overnight in the fridge. The yoghurt will look like Philadelphia cheese the next morning. Place the yoghurt cheese in your Kitchen Aid mixer with 1 cup of caster sugar.

Our family usually does not like a crust so I baked 20cm spring form pan without a crust and 23cm spring form with a crust. For the crust, you need 1 ¾ cup GF biscuit crumbs (I use a combination of gluten and diary free ginger nut cookies and Eskal tea biscuits which I just ground in my Sumeet to very fine crumbs.) and 3 tablespoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil, which you melt in a glass bowl over boiling water.

Before you combine the two cakes, take baking paper, unclip your spring form pan base cover it with baking paper and clip the base back onto the spring form. Use spray and cook just to oil the base and the sides of the spring form pan. Use your fingers to press the crust down evenly on to the base of the 23cm spring form pan. Pre heat your fan forced oven to 200 C

Gradually add 6 egg yolks to the yoghurt cheese mixture, and mix well. Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add it as well. Grate the zest from a lemon and add to mixture. Add 3 tablespoons of Orgran all purpose flour to the mixture and mix well.

In a glass bowl, use your electrical beater to beat 1 cup of coconut cream till it thickens slightly (about 5min). In another glass bowl beat 6 egg whites together and gradually add ½ cup castor sugar until they form little mountain tops. Pour coconut cream into the Yoghurt cheese mixture and gradually add the egg whites. Mix well. Pour evenly between the two pans. Be aware that the cake does rise, so don’t fill it all the way to the top. Add about half a cup of raisins to each spring form pan. Make sure that they are covered with the batter. Bake on 200 C for about 10 min and then bake for 60 min on 150C. When the cake is finished baking, switch the oven off and let it cool off in the oven and then chill in the fridge before serving. Only remove it from the spring form when you are ready to serve it.

Heart warming lentil soup

Cook 6 litres of lamb or chicken or bone stock. Add 800g orange/red lentils and cook until soft. I usually add half or a whole cauliflower in and just let it crumble into little florets. When it is soft I usually remove the big chunks of cauliflower and just crumble it into the soup. In a pan pour a little oil for frying (NB you are not deep frying). When hot add about 10 ml ground cumin, a small handful of freshly chopped curry leaves (about 45 leaves), 6 cinnamon sticks, 2.5ml ground cloves, 10ml black mustard seed. The moment you hear the mustards seeds pop add 8 garlic cloves that you have pushed through a garlic press, 3cm peeled and very finely chopped ginger and 4 chopped tomatoes. Cook until the tomato softens, add 10 ml fenugreek and cook 20-30 seconds. Add to lentils, add 30 ml coarse sea salt to the soup. Add 10 ml turmeric,125 ml lemon juice and 125ml palm sugar. Boil for another 35 min.

We freeze the soup in 250g portions in zip lock bags. You can add cooked chicken to it if you wish when serving it.

Delicious Millet salad

Good for work lunches.

Note: 11/2 cups hulled millet + 3 cups lamb/chicken or vegetable stock+ mixed spice or cumin to taste = to 4 ½ cups cooked millet. I usually cook mine in the microwave in a corningware dish with a lid. Millet is pretty tasteless so best to always cook it in stock. I usually use the extra 1 ½ cup for breakfast for hubby and myself.

Add 3 cups cooked millet to salad bowl.

4 celery stems (about a cup) sliced thinly crosswise. Add to salad bowl

2 vine tomatoes cut in blocks add to salad bowl.

Chopped 4 raw zucchini into blocks cook for 1 1/2- 2 min on high in microwave add to salad bowl. Make sure that the zucchini is still crunchy.

Two red capsicum chopped into blocks cook for 1 min on high in microwave add to salad bowl. Make sure that the capsicum is still crunchy and not soggy.

Peel two large carrots cut them up in blocks cook for 2 min on high in microwave. Make sure that the carrots are still crunchy. Add to salad bowl.

2 large onions finely sliced and fried in olive oil till transparent. Drain and add to salad bowl.

10 Sundried tomatoes drained on kitchen towel paper and chopped roughly. Add to salad bowl.

Toss the cooked millet through all the vegetables.

Add 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley and mint, 1/3 cup verjuice, 2 tablespoons of Rosto Australian extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, 4 garlic cloves pushed through a garlic press. We like a lot of garlic you can reduce it to one. Add ground salt and black pepper to taste.

PS: you can add cooked chicken or lamb to the salad to bulk it out if you want.

Guacamole dip

Here is goes: Prep 5-10min

Put 300g Organic silken tofu in your colander and drain it of any excess fluid. Blend the drained Organic silken tofu with 2 ripe avocados in your blender or with your Bamix, add ½ teaspoon of ground sea salt, 3 tablespoons of garlic dip and dash (I put in about 3-4 drops) Tabasco sauce (be careful the stuff is really hot but gives a great bite) and add 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. Taste the dip - you can add a bit of Herbamare Original (certified organic herbs and vegetable seasoned sea salt) by A. Vogel - it is optional. Spoon into dip container and sprinkle some smoked paprika over to taste. I serve the dip with crudités and Artisse organic rice crackers

Chocolate Poppy seed cake

I use a spring form pan that I line with banking paper and spay with "cook and spray" and pre heat my oven on 180C bakes for about 40 minutes. .Use a cake tester to test that the cake cooked.

In a bowl whisk 6 egg whites together with a pinch of salt continue till you see them make white peaks add half cup of caster sugar (ordinary white sugar that you have grinded to a powder in your barmix) Continue whisking the eggs with your electrical beaters till the egg whites are very stiff. (Place them in the fridge and only remove them when you planning on adding them to the rest of the mixture.) Rinse you electrical beaters and beat the 6 egg yolks ( yellow part of the egg) with half a cup of sugar. I usually add about 3-4 tablespoons of the chocolate topping to the egg yolks.

(Chocolate topping melt together in 100g bitter dark gluten free chocolate , 7 tbsp gluten free margarine and 2 tablespoons water together. Pour over the cake after you have removed it from the spring form).

Grinded one cup of poppy seeds in your barmix or coffee grinder and add them to the egg yolks ( the yellow part of the egg), about 1/3 cup of raisins and half a cup of walnuts. Remove the egg white from the fridge and fold them into the yellow egg mixture. I usually let it cool off in the spring form

Thanks Sonnetjie, it looks very nice, somethings to try out the weekend!!

Abdul, no specific recipes, just new ones to try out!!

Lentil soup sounds DIVINE will definately try it this weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Cape Malay tasty mince dish

Preheat oven to 180C

1) Chop 9 large onions finely in your Magimix, and push 6-8 garlic cloves (I prefer 8) through a garlic press and fry up together in a little olive oil. Fry until the onions are glassy. Add 3 teaspoons of ground turmeric, gluten free curry power and ground garam masala.

2) Remove the onions from the heat and cook 3kg of mince till it’s brown, use a fork to break any lumps. Pour the mince into a mixing bowl, pop gloves on your hands and then just crumble the mince through your fingers to ensure there are no lumps. Add the onions to the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.

3) Add 3 tablespoons of tamarind paste, 2 cups Norganic apple cider vinegar ( Go vita sells it or health store)or verjuice ( Harris Farmers), 3 tablespoons of St Dalfour orange & ginger jam, 2 very generous shakes of dried basil, dried sage, dried oregano and dried thyme (the 2 shakes will cover the mince if you look down on it) and a generous shake of ground cinnamon and ground paprika, 1 teaspoon of ground sea salt (you can add more to taste if you prefer to do so, ¾ teaspoon of mustard powder. Mix thoroughly.

4) Peel and grate 4 ½ carrots. Cook in microwave on high for 4min. They will be soft to the touch. Don’t overcook them. Add them to the mixture.

5) Add 1 ½ cups of organic sulphur-free raisins to the mixture.

6) Spray olive oil cook and spray into three dishes of the following sizes 22.5 cm x 33 cm (9in x 13in) Corningware dish and 20 x 20 x 5cm ( 8in x 8in x 2in) Corningware dish and oval Pyrex dish 33cm long x 25cm wide x 6cm deep.

7) Distribute the mince mixture evenly between the 3 dishes.

8) Use about 20 bay leaves and distribute them between the 3 dishes. Push them into the mince.

9) In a Pyrex jug beat 8 eggs and 3 teaspoons of garam masala, curry power and ground turmeric, 2 cups of Ecomil organic Hazelnut milk http://www.justnaturewise.com.au/_product_...t_Milk_-_EcoMil or Pureharvest organic almond milk (I buy mine from Franklins in the gluten free section in St Ives).

10) Pour the egg mixture evenly over all three dishes’ mince ensuring that the egg mixture soaks the dish, sprinkle dried garlic over all three dishes.

11) Bake about 45min to an hour in the preheated fan forced oven. Use a cake tester to see if dish is cooked.

12) After the dish is cooled, we bag the mince dish in 150g pieces in zip lock bags and freeze it. You will get approximately 30x150g, and possibly a bit more. It is great for work lunches or for a quick dinner.

13) This is a family favourite even all the children enjoy it.

PS: Three teaspoons each of curry powder, garam masala and turmeric are added to both the mince and to the egg mixture.

Omzig it is a recipe and it really tasty I suggest you try it. Often when cooking gluten & dairy free it is really difficult to find safe products. That’s why it is always nice to know the brand of the products people use as it helps one get the same end result without getting sick. A number of unusual products are used in the recipe so it is always good to know where one can buy them. No it def not a product marketing campaign. Enjoy cooking the end result is really worth it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lime loaf

Preheat fan force oven 180C Boston loaf pan bakes 60min and half size Bundt pan 45-60min. Use your cake tester to test when the cake is ready to come out of the oven.

I used a Boston pan and a half size Bundt pan. Spray with cook and spray or olive oil or rice bran oil

1. In a Kitchen aid mixer mix together 1 cup extra virgin oil + 2 cups caster sugar and the zest of 2 large green limes, gradually add the 5 eggs. NB: Don’t add all the eggs in at once.

2. In a different bowl sift all the dry ingredients ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 3 cups Orgran gluten free all purpose flour.

3 Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients gradually. Add 1 cup of almond milk slowly. The batter will become really runny, don’t worry. Pour into Boston loaf pan and Bundt pan. Bake.

4. When the loaf/cake has completed baking let it stand in the pan to cool off for 10-15 min before you remove it from the pan.

5. Eat and enjoy. I cut it up in slices and freeze it in zip logs in the freezer.

• 3 weeks later...

Speculaas – Spiced cookie: gluten, dairy and egg free

Preheat fan forced oven to 180C when you bake these. You need to prepare the cookies in advance.

Sift 1kg of Organ gluten free all purpose flour, 4 teaspoons of ground ginger,

½ teaspoon of ground cardamom, 4 teaspoons gluten free baking powder, ½ teaspoon of ground mace, 4 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, ½ heaped teaspoon of ground star anise, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, ½ heaped teaspoon of ground cloves, 2 teaspoons of ground white pepper and 2 pinches of ground sea salt. Put the sifted ingredients to one side for later. In your Kitchen Aid mix the 440g Nuttelex with 500g of dark brown sugar till creamy. Gradually add the flour mixture and 1 cup of almond or hazel nut milk. You will see that the mixture starts to form a dough. If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon at a time of almond or hazelnut milk till it stops being so crumbly, and you can roll it out.

Place in a glass dish, cover with glad wrap and let it stand overnight. I have even let it stand for 3-5 days as the spices become stronger. If the dough then becomes crumbly, just add a tablespoon at a time of more of the nut milk. Roll out to about 5mm thick between two sheets of glad wrap baking paper (meaning place the dough in about fistful sized balls between two sheets of baking paper). Use good quality baking paper, or you will just frustrate yourself. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes and place on magic cooking sheet (www.magiccokingsheet.com.au) on cookie baking trays. Bake till light brown – about 15 minutes - keep an eye on them as they burn easily. Use the magic baking sheet to tip them onto a wire rack. Let them cool and place cool cookies in zip lock bags or a cookie jar to keep them crisp.

They are a bit dryer than the wheat flour speculaas that one buys, but our family has not been able to taste the difference.

Archived