Utility Bills

Shaun en Sylvia

Was wondering what the average utillity bills are? Monthly or quaterly?

Our phone is monthly, electricity is quarterly and rates six monthly with water apparently being billed somehow with our rates....

And what are the average amounts for that? I would also like to know for my budget :)

Tx Eva! (btw - Don is moving us too.)

Utility bills are every 90 days. Gas around $190 and our electricity was sky high due to the A/C and the tumble drier......$680!!!!

Normally it's cheaper and believe me, we are working very sparingly with the elect. now.

And what are the average amounts for that? I would also like to know for my budget :blink:

Tx Eva! (btw - Don is moving us too.)

Hope you are as happy with Don as we were!!

We should be getting our first electricity bill since we have been in this house (two months) shortly.

I am scared what it is going to be because our house is double the size of our rental and I have had my Mother and sister staying with us...

I don't use a tumble drier, no air-con or heaters, and as soon as I get the bill I will let you know what it was!

Our phone bill, including internet and 1 mobile is about $200 a month.

We don't have too many people to call, so went for a cheaper monthly bill and higher per call billing.

The mobile bill is just for the calls, not a phone.

And we have broadband included in that but we got 50% off for 9 months or so, so its going up another $35 soon!

Electricity is around $350 - $400 for a quarter although our last quarter's bill went up to over $800 (not sure if this is correct and will investigate the matter). Water is around $70 vir a quarter. We don't use gas as we are not on a gas line so cannot comment on gas rates. Landline which includes 2GB internet usage a month is approx $110 a month with Optus and then I get special rates for international calls. Mobile phone 24 month contract with free phone is costing $29 a month with Vodafone.

Ok, electric bill just arrived, $554.09 for three months.

Apparently our houshold is using around 81% MORE electricity than the household average in our area!

This in big print with our bill.

Who knows....

Eva - love the way they show us how much we use compared to everyone else !! We have a little graph on the back of the invoice that goes up and down depending on useage. Im not very bright so prefer to have it shown to me in graph form !!

We move into our house next month and I hope our bills dont get too excessive.

Eva - love the way they show us how much we use compared to everyone else !! We have a little graph on the back of the invoice that goes up and down depending on useage. Im not very bright so prefer to have it shown to me in graph form !!

We move into our house next month and I hope our bills dont get too excessive.

I have decided they can't be right!! Must be shock tactics or something....

We have no tumble drier, no air-conditioner, no electric heating, not swimming pool or jacuzzi, take quick showers, hardly ever bake.....

How is it possible we use 81% more than average.

Oh well, already trying to keep the bill as low as possible, so can't do anything about it!!!!!!

Archived