Sydney Int arrivals to Domestic departures

MPiet

Hi All,

I've been trying to research how we are going to get from Sydney International terminal to the Domestic terminal to catch our domestic flight to Hobart on Jetstar.

I've read all about the T-Bus and train etc. But maybe someone who has been there can help with details on:

1. Where to get a trolley for 5 checked bags, 3 hand luggage bags, a Child seat and child

2. Can you take this onto the train then Or is the bus better with someone helping you to load it into the bus? /other ways?

3. How to get it from the train/bus to the check-in counter (As i read the trolleys are outside?) Are there any by the train platform?

Any information/advise or tips will be greatly appreciated.

My worry is we only have 2 hours to get to the domestic terminal!

-- Martin

Hi All,

I've been trying to research how we are going to get from Sydney International terminal to the Domestic terminal to catch our domestic flight to Hobart on Jetstar.

I've read all about the T-Bus and train etc. But maybe someone who has been there can help with details on:

1. Where to get a trolley for 5 checked bags, 3 hand luggage bags, a Child seat and child

2. Can you take this onto the train then Or is the bus better with someone helping you to load it into the bus? /other ways?

3. How to get it from the train/bus to the check-in counter (As i read the trolleys are outside?) Are there any by the train platform?

Any information/advise or tips will be greatly appreciated.

My worry is we only have 2 hours to get to the domestic terminal!

-- Martin

Hi MArtin

The terminals are quite close - its a few k's. I dont think you can take trolleys on the train. If you can handle your luggage and a brief stroll, you can take the train. Come out the international arrivals into the mall, turn right and proceed to the end of the corridor where you will find elevators and escalators taking you downstairs to the train platform. There is space on the train for the bags - but your main issue will be can you handle them by yourselves.

If you are wary of this, and dont want any hassles, catch a cab outside the international arrivals and ask them to take you to domestic. It may cost you a few dollars (perhaps 10-20?). Alternattely I think there is a shuttle bus as well for around 5 dollars per person, running regularly. have a look at http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL/To-an...l-Transfer.html

My advice if you want it easy and least stress and are limited on time is take a taxi. No waiting. 10 min transfer. You can ask for help / advice / info from the cabbie.

All the best!

Archived