Software Developers / Solution Architects / WebSphere Consultants

Ajay

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I work at a software development/professional services company in Sydney. Over the past 6 months, I've managed to find roles for a few people from the forum (and some not on the forum :thumbdown: ) with the company. My boss has been so impressed with the SAffers that I've recruited that he's decided that we need to get over there and find some more! So, we are planning a recruitment trip to JHB (sorry - not going elsewhere :ilikeit: ) around February / March timeframe. At this stage, I'm not sure who'll be there, but I wanted to give you all advance warning of this opportunity.

We are an approved business sponsor, so successful candidates will be sponsored on a 457 visa, and the company will sponsor PR after 2 years service. This is a really, really awesome opportunity for anyone that has the right skills and attitude and that is serious about relocating.

The kinds of skills we will be looking for includes developers and architects with two or more of the technologies listed below. For visa purposes, you'll need either a degree plus 1 year experience, or else a minimum of 3 years experience (in the absense of a tertiary qualification). Ideally, we are looking for people with at least 2 years commercial experience, but we will judge each application on merit!

Java, J2EE, XML, EJB, , Ant, Struts, Swing, Eclipse, Spring, Spring MVC, Portlet, Tapestry, Hibernate, Tomcat, Apache, Junit, Axis2, JSF, Weblogic, WebSphere, IBM Process Server, webMethods, TIBCO, Agile, RUP, Web Services, etc.

If you meet these requirements, please get in touch with me via PM and I will give you an email address to use to send me your CV. I'm planning on running an ad in the Sunday Times and online in a few weeks,but want to give you guys the first bite at the cherry! Looking forward to getting some responses!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi Ajay

Wow this really sounds great!!! We have also recently advertised in the Sunday Times and had a couple of good responses - especially our Sydney office. Do you have contact details for placing job ads in Sunday Times? If not just pm me and I can foward it to you. They pretty expensive though - for the first ad we wanted to place they quoted us around R 80 000!!!!!!!!!! Our State Director almost had a heart attack. Maybe you guys should maybe try Rapport as well (I personally believe that the quality of candidates might be better - we received a lot of applications from Zim).

Cheers

Rialet

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Forum,

These positions are now being advertised on some of the local SA job sites (www.pnet.co.za and www.jobs.co.za), so I'm expecting more responses. If you are interested, PLEASE get in touch with me. I am going to be in SA in early March for interviews.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I work at a software development/professional services company in Sydney. Over the past 6 months, I've managed to find roles for a few people from the forum (and some not on the forum :D ) with the company. My boss has been so impressed with the SAffers that I've recruited that he's decided that we need to get over there and find some more! So, we are planning a recruitment trip to JHB (sorry - not going elsewhere :( ) around February / March timeframe. At this stage, I'm not sure who'll be there, but I wanted to give you all advance warning of this opportunity.

We are an approved business sponsor, so successful candidates will be sponsored on a 457 visa, and the company will sponsor PR after 2 years service. This is a really, really awesome opportunity for anyone that has the right skills and attitude and that is serious about relocating.

The kinds of skills we will be looking for includes developers and architects with two or more of the technologies listed below. For visa purposes, you'll need either a degree plus 1 year experience, or else a minimum of 3 years experience (in the absense of a tertiary qualification). Ideally, we are looking for people with at least 2 years commercial experience, but we will judge each application on merit!

Java, J2EE, XML, EJB, , Ant, Struts, Swing, Eclipse, Spring, Spring MVC, Portlet, Tapestry, Hibernate, Tomcat, Apache, Junit, Axis2, JSF, Weblogic, WebSphere, IBM Process Server, webMethods, TIBCO, Agile, RUP, Web Services, etc.

If you meet these requirements, please get in touch with me via PM and I will give you an email address to use to send me your CV. I'm planning on running an ad in the Sunday Times and online in a few weeks,but want to give you guys the first bite at the cherry! Looking forward to getting some responses!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi Rialet,

Tried to PM you, but not working? Check that it isn't full or that you haven't disabled in error.

Hi Ajay

Wow this really sounds great!!! We have also recently advertised in the Sunday Times and had a couple of good responses - especially our Sydney office. Do you have contact details for placing job ads in Sunday Times? If not just pm me and I can foward it to you. They pretty expensive though - for the first ad we wanted to place they quoted us around R 80 000!!!!!!!!!! Our State Director almost had a heart attack. Maybe you guys should maybe try Rapport as well (I personally believe that the quality of candidates might be better - we received a lot of applications from Zim).

Cheers

Rialet

Hi Ajay,

When you refer to webMethods and webServices are you refering to them in a .Net platform or more specifically Java?

Regards

Jacques

Edited by Jacques & Natz

Hi all

Are you recruiting only for Sydney? Please can you tell us what we need to do to get into contact with to get considered for an interview?

Cheers

Rudi

Hi Jacques,

I've already submitted your stuff (hope you don't mind <_< ) I'll be getting back to you shortly. We're still really a Java based shop, but you never know....leave it with me.

Hi Rudi,

I will PM you with an email address for you to send your resume to me. We've got offices in Sydney and Melbourne, so will be recruiting for both those sites. We're also looking for PM's for a big Singapore project that we've won, but I didn't think this was the best place to advertise that :huh: If you know of any senior PM's with software dev experience and knowledge of investment / merchant banking, let me know!

I'll be in JHB in March sometime to interview (unless we get such a good response that we are able to interview and recruit telephonically), so you don't need to contact anyone else at this stage for these positions.

Cheers

Ajay

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ajay

We PM you inconnection with you recruiting in JHB in due time. Did you recieve Gustav's PM to you? Can he also pehaps make a appointment for an interview? :D

Best wishes

Helena Stieger

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jacques,

We're also looking for PM's for a big Singapore project that we've won, but I didn't think this was the best place to advertise that :ilikeit: If you know of any senior PM's with software dev experience and knowledge of investment / merchant banking, let me know!

I'll be in JHB in March sometime to interview (unless we get such a good response that we are able to interview and recruit telephonically), so you don't need to contact anyone else at this stage for these positions.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi Jacques,

We're also looking for PM's for a big Singapore project that we've won, but I didn't think this was the best place to advertise that :blush: If you know of any senior PM's with software dev experience and knowledge of investment / merchant banking, let me know!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi there

I replied to your mail about GLiNTECH earlier, but I saw this mail and thought that I should mention that my partner (now an IT manager) has experience in project management in setting up online banking systems in South Africa. Let me know if you want more details.

Thanks

Abby (& Tim)

Hi there

I replied to your mail about GLiNTECH earlier, but I saw this mail and thought that I should mention that my partner (now an IT manager) has experience in project management in setting up online banking systems in South Africa. Let me know if you want more details.

Thanks

Abby (& Tim)

Hi Abby (& Tim),

Online banking....what a small world :huh: I wrote allot of 20twenty's online web and backend banking interfaces before the company was shut down by Standard Chartered Bank (they bought 20twenty to obtain the SA Banking license and then trashed the brand)

Would be interesting to hear for which brand your partner worked...might just be possible I know him/her.

Cheers

Jacques