South Africans moving from UK to OZ?

Bianca S

:blush:

hi, Ive been reading these boards for ages. We have decided to move / emigrate to Oz as soon as I have finished my studies here. Married with 3 small children.

Anybody else who made the move from the UK. Would like to chat, ask a few questions and keep in touch!

We lived in Potch/ Vaal Triangle before and also the Northern Cape, and then to South Engeland, recently to Manchester area for work/studies. Been in UK since 2000, happy here, but want to be able to go outside more, space, buy some ground! you know the story. Have lived only in smaller towns in UK, maybe that's why we are lasting this long, ...can be very depressing in London I think. Still a big improvement from our lives in S Africa, and scale is much more in favour of UK, but I think long term, the scale is tipping Down Under :thumbdown:

How do you find the move from UK to Oz?

We're thinking of Adelaide/SA or else Rural NSW or Rural Victoria. Hoping to go with perm residency straight away... hou duimvas. Husband is Mech Engineer and I will go as Optometrist/ Ocular Therapist (previously Lab Chemist).

Dankie vir die goeie forum!

Sien uit daarna om baie mense te ontmoet met selfde ervaringe. :ilikeit:

Edited by Saffer-in-UK

Annette and her husband, Marius, + two kids lived in England for 6 years in Malvern, Worcestershire before she came to Adelaide.

Annette would be the one to describe her life in England and her application to come to Australia.

She also posts on the AdelaideBrits website, I believe.

Hi

Bob's right. We lived in the UK for around 7 years. We couldn't be happier here in Adelaide. :ilikeit: We found it much easier to make the move the second time round, because it was almost like coming "home". It's so similar to South Africa.

Speak again soon..

wow how iteresting to find so many people in the same boat. i have also been reading these threads for some time and i am so pleased to find other people contemplating/doin the same thing/

we have been in the UK for 6 years now and we have the opportunity to move to Western Australia, its all up in the air at the moment, and very stressful, my husband and i have two children (8 and 10).

i find that i am thinking more about the move to oz than i ever did to come here, i also worry that we are not providing a stable up-bringing for our kids by moving so much has anyone had the same problems,

i find that i am thinking more about the move to oz than i ever did to come here, i also worry that we are not providing a stable up-bringing for our kids by moving so much has anyone had the same problems,

ja, dit is so hier ook, nice om te ontmoet! Maar ek moet sê, te stabiel is ook nie goed nie, vandag se lewe is taf en ek bly glo dat ek my kinders baie social skills leer en leer om aan te pas by verskeie dinge ens.... solank mens nie elke jaar trek/skole verskuif nie!

Ek moet eers klaar swot.... maar dink al hoe meer aan Oz en kan nie wag!!! Gaanjulle met punte of met werk en wanneer beplan julle?

Hi there, its good to see someone else living in the UK contemplating a change. We live in the south and have been here for 3 years now and its good. Nice to be able to go over to Europe with relative ease. Weather and lack of outside life are getting to us aswell. Wanna bring up our kids (when we get them) with an outdoor life like we had. We've pretty much made up our minds, its just a case of when now. :ilikeit:

see you around

Mitch

:blink:

hi Mitch, nice to 'meet'. Know what you mean, I still enjoy it here, but I think the Island is going to sink, with all the migrants/workers from Europe, ... a lot of issues. I wish I was finished with studies, its going to feel forever. Just hope the points system doesnt change... :ilikeit:

We lived in Sussex for a while, not far from Dover, so quick to Europe. We are planning one long trip with caravan in the summer - all the way to Rome,... and our next big trip will hopefully be to Oz. Keep in touch... Are you going with points, what job do you do?

Edited by Saffer-in-UK

Hey Buddy, live in West Sussex, like you say close to Dover and Gatwick. You damn right about it sinking!!!! Now with the other 2 joining the EU its only a matter of time. We got back from Italy on Saterday night, went for a week. Wicked, wicked trip. Flew to Rome for 3 nights then took the train to Pisa, stayed there for a few hours, then onto Florence for 2 nights and finally on to Venice for 2 nights, really really cool. Good luck driving in Rome with a caravan, I would'nt brave driving a bicycle!!! :ilikeit: Have you been to Italy before?

I'm a Diesel Mechanic with a Mercedes Benz Dealer, hoping to get sponsored a 457 visa, got offered a job but still ironing out the finer points. Basically pay and location.

Mitch