FIFO anywhere

Camper

I am trying to get a FIFO position on any minesite for a fixed plant fitter. They keep saying they want mine experience. How the hell do you get experience when you can't get in.

Any one out there have contacts in the mining industry. i dont care where the FIFO is from i will get there even if i fly in the day before from Cairns.

Thanks

Camper

Pardon me for asking, but what is FIFO?

Regards Kyto

FIFO: Fly in, Fly out

DIDO: Drive in, drive out

Thanks Hestie TT

Cos I had it at First In First Out :hug:

Kyto

In naval terms FIFO was "FIT IN OR F@*K OFF"! :hug:

Sounds like this could be the Australian way too :hug:

I am trying to get a FIFO position on any minesite for a fixed plant fitter. They keep saying they want mine experience. How the hell do you get experience when you can't get in.

Any one out there have contacts in the mining industry. i dont care where the FIFO is from i will get there even if i fly in the day before from Cairns.

Thanks

Camper

Please e-mail me your details. Might be able to help.

• 1 month later...

Still trying to break into the elusive mining industry. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Camper

Thanks Telanie, very good site.

Have you tried looking at mining positions in far northern WA. There are tons there and I have just had a friend get a position and he has had no mining experience...Good luck!!

Hi,

I am also looking to get into the mining industry but from an HR perspective. I am looking for something near Perth. Any advise or contact you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Bok

Wow Today things realy happened. Had a phone call at midday and by 6.00 pm had medical booked for to-morrow for drug screening, contract e-mailed through and fly out Monday. FIFO from Cairns. fly out Mondays and back on Fridays. Good money as well. Thanks to the advice and help from certain people.

Thanks Guys. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Cheers

Camper

Hi guys,

Although I am not doing FIFO, I am sort of doing it by regulary visit mines in the Northern Territory. There are many companies in that game but a couple of big ones are:

Monodelphous

United Resource Group

Leighton

There are many more, use the internet and check them out!

Goodluck to all!

D :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow Today things realy happened. Had a phone call at midday and by 6.00 pm had medical booked for to-morrow for drug screening, contract e-mailed through and fly out Monday. FIFO from Cairns. fly out Mondays and back on Fridays. Good money as well. Thanks to the advice and help from certain people.

Thanks Guys. :D:ilikeit:

Cheers

Camper

Hi Camper ,

please e mail me on mandtpedersen@bigpond.com .. I am also trying to get into the mining industry ..Thanx Mike .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived