Desperately Seeking...An interview or meeting!

HouseInOz

WE are visiting Sydney from 6 to 10 OCTOBER and are DESPERATELY trying to secure interviews/meetings with a headhunter, employment agencies or companies!! Time is running out and we need your help.

Anybody with contacts? Know somebody? Please walk the extra mile for us.

CA with an excellent career path, including SA, ASIA and other international experience. PR visa obtained and Australian format CV.

Please send me a PM.

Hi,

Your best/quickest option is to go on www.seek.com.au and see who are the agencies advertising in your area. Then try cold calling them asking them to have a chat that in the event something comes up, they have met you and being back in SA isn't such a big problem then for them to recommend you.

WE are visiting Sydney from 6 to 10 OCTOBER and are DESPERATELY trying to secure interviews/meetings with a headhunter, employment agencies or companies!! Time is running out and we need your help.

Anybody with contacts? Know somebody? Please walk the extra mile for us.

CA with an excellent career path, including SA, ASIA and other international experience. PR visa obtained and Australian format CV.

Please send me a PM.

HouseInOz

A good bet would be to (like Biker said) have a look at seek.com.au BUT apply for roles that are directly advertised by the company/client itself (as opposed to roles advertised by agents/agencies). Make it clear that you will be in Sydney from date x to date y. Also emphasise fact that you HAVE permanent residence - both on cover letter and on CV.

From my personal experience, agents are a complete waste of time. May be different in your industry (I'm a Copywriter in marketing/communications/advertising industry).

Just to give you an idea why I'm saying this; when I landed in Melbourne, I had several agent interviews (only 3 resulted in actual subsequent client interviews, but all 3 were unsuccessful). Then I had 2 direct interviews (i.e. with companies advertising directly without an agent) and was offered both roles immediately.

Good agents are worth their skills/effort in gold, but as you seem pressed for time, I think you don't want to waste time with agents who may keep you on a loop for weeks on end (some of them really do).

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Still desperado and even more so. We are here and have flown soooo far. Please it will be much appreciated if any one can help out with a contact etc. Please PM me as I do not have ready accesss to the forum while travelling.

Hi,

I don't want to burst your bubble, but been here 3 weeks and I have not been able to get anyone to get back to me. There just is no work out there (in my line of IT anyway), so me going back to ZA and hope for a miracle.

I have been told to contact the companies HR department and submit your CV driectly, don't bother with employment agencies! They like it done this way because the company can avoid paying fees to the recruitment agency.

Archived