Ross River Virus

Overtaker

:thumbdown:

Hey guys,

Just a heads up. I seem to have managed to get the Ross River Virus here in Perth. It's not that common in Perth, more so down in the South West. I think I got bitten by a mozzie while canoeing on the Canning River (I haven't been anywhere else) - its only transmitted by mozzie bites, and its seriously not pleasant.

google it and be aware of the symptoms, cos the doctors had a field day trying to diagnose it.

Some people get it and have no symptoms. Lucky me, I got them all in a big way - high fever, flu like symptoms, joint aches, serious fatigue.

Its not a contagious disease, just unpleasant. Apparently it doesn't affect kids so bad.

Anyway, I've heard the the late spring rains we can expect more mozzies in town, so take precautions.

Cheers

Rich

Yeah it is nasty and stays in your system for years. the worst is that years later you get a flare up. Hate the mossies.

Jordy just had to put the cherry on top, lol. Something to look forward to Rich, he he.

On a serious note though.............Speedy recovery!!!

Take care of yourself. I know someone who got it and has been battling for 15 years with awful symptoms. It can be really nasty but it depends on how strong your body and immune system is as to how badly you get affected.

:hug:

Hey guys,

Just a heads up. I seem to have managed to get the Ross River Virus here in Perth. It's not that common in Perth, more so down in the South West. I think I got bitten by a mozzie while canoeing on the Canning River (I haven't been anywhere else) - its only transmitted by mozzie bites, and its seriously not pleasant.

google it and be aware of the symptoms, cos the doctors had a field day trying to diagnose it.

Some people get it and have no symptoms. Lucky me, I got them all in a big way - high fever, flu like symptoms, joint aches, serious fatigue.

Its not a contagious disease, just unpleasant. Apparently it doesn't affect kids so bad.

Anyway, I've heard the the late spring rains we can expect more mozzies in town, so take precautions.

Cheers

Rich

Archived