Reference Letter from Company

DBN1972

Hi folks,

I've received my reference letter from my previous company (this is the letter that DIMIA requires) and it states, inter alia, that I worked for the company from "February 2005 to October 2006".

My migration agent says that DIMIA may reject the letter because it must have specific dates. I.E. it must sate that I worked from "1 Feb. 2005 to 31 Oct. 2005", rather than just mentioning the month.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this issue. It was quite a mission to get this letter and I don't want to go back to my ex-boss to get yet another letter.

Thanks & cheers

Willem

Durban

Hi Willem

Ek sien nou wat jy sê en ons is in dieselfde penarrie. So nou's ek gou besig om manlief se brief weer oor te tik om die presiese datums te wys. Dit gaan nou so 'n schlepp wees, omdat die baas is nou by 'n ander tak, so hy moet nou eers lettherheads kry van die tak waar my man gewerk het. En dis nou besige tyd. Dink dit gaan ons hele proses nou delay.

Die technicalities darem ;)B)

The topic about the reference letter brings on a smile.

For me to get my letter from my work for my applic stating how long I had been at my work for, the lie I told was that I need a letter for the Bank. :)

Hi there DBN1972

Yes - you definately need to have specific dates of employment on the reference letter for DIMIA.

I also just noted the months I worked for my employer and I was informed by DIMIA I had to redraft the letter being more specific.

I know its not easy going back to your employer but in my opinion I would not let a small triviality like this affect you as this is a small thing in the great positive picture for you.

cheers

Gee

Edited by Gee

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

My ex-boss is in Australia for the holidays (ironically! :P ) so I'll have to wait till the new year and get a new letter.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ;)

Cheers

Willem

• 4 weeks later...
Hi folks,

I've received my reference letter from my previous company (this is the letter that DIMIA requires) and it states, inter alia, that I worked for the company from "February 2005 to October 2006".

My migration agent says that DIMIA may reject the letter because it must have specific dates. I.E. it must sate that I worked from "1 Feb. 2005 to 31 Oct. 2005", rather than just mentioning the month.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this issue. It was quite a mission to get this letter and I don't want to go back to my ex-boss to get yet another letter.

Thanks & cheers

Willem

Durban

Is there any-one that can help with a suggested format for these type of letters? I don't want to be in DBN's shoes to redo the exercise. ;)

THANKS