One year of FREEEEDUHM!

Biltongboer

Yep, I know you won't believe it, but it's true! Tomorrow my family and I will be celebrating our first year in Perth!!!

There were lots of comments like: "the first six months are the worst", and other comments that people made, but I can truly say it's been one big great happy time for me. No regrets, and I'm certainly not booking any tickets to return to Baboonia. If you come with the right attitude, forget about all the "when we" stuff, and make an attempt to fit into the Aussie lifestyle, you'll have one big awesome fun time!

And yes, they have meat - good meat too, and you will be able to find biltong and mrs (Caster Semenya) Balls Chutney.

You can read my reflections about this first year on my blog.

Seeyalater mate :wub:

Nooooooo, it can't be? Sieraaaz?

Geee wizzzz! How time flies!

Glad you are happy BB, please let us know where you buy your happy pills . . .

Biltongboer !! Great to hear from you again !!! Will have a look at your blog again.

Hey, Biltongboer - great news and congrats on your first year!!!

Liesl

Time flies when you're having fun!

Can't believe its been a year, thanks for sharing, will check out your blog...

Hope its in Engels!

Time does fly -

Happy 40th birthday for last sunday - and wishing you another 40 years of happiness in Australia.

Wow one year, time flies when you are having fun, watch the next one fly by.

Jill

Time flies when you're having fun!

Can't believe its been a year, thanks for sharing, will check out your blog...

Hope its in Engels!

One of my aussie mates says english is his second language - his first language is Australian!

Hello Biltongboer

Hubby enjoys you post and loves to 'read' them. Yes it have been a year already, you fleed on my birthday last year but for my next birthday I really, really want to be in Aus.

Happy anniversary

Hestie & family

Wow!

Can't believe it's been a year already!

Glad you're settling in nicely!

Hi Biltongboer,

Thanks for posting - very encouraging for those of us preparing for lift-off! Great pearls of wisdom on the blog, and a beautiful family!

Patty

Yep, I know you won't believe it, but it's true! Tomorrow my family and I will be celebrating our first year in Perth!!!

There were lots of comments like: "the first six months are the worst", and other comments that people made, but I can truly say it's been one big great happy time for me. No regrets, and I'm certainly not booking any tickets to return to Baboonia. If you come with the right attitude, forget about all the "when we" stuff, and make an attempt to fit into the Aussie lifestyle, you'll have one big awesome fun time!

And yes, they have meat - good meat too, and you will be able to find biltong and mrs (Caster Semenya) Balls Chutney.

You can read my reflections about this first year on my blog.

Seeyalater mate :blink:

Wonderful post! Funny too!

Happy Anniversary! You sound like an Aussie already! Enjoy.

dit kannie n jaar wees nie dit voel soos nou die dag dat jy vertel het van jou trip van nambabwe af kaap toe en die paar dae wat jy daar was

hoop ons oorgaan april volgende jaar sal ook goed afloop

groete

gideon

I enjoyed your blog. Glad everything is working out for you. Wishing you only the best for the future!!

Hi Biltongboer,

Thanks for posting - very encouraging for those of us preparing for lift-off! Great pearls of wisdom on the blog, and a beautiful family!

Patty

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and nice comments. Have a look at the blog to read my news from down under - I don't really have time to write on the forum anymore.

No worries and good onya!

Archived