Medical Question

mom of 3

Just need to know, when you go for your medical as a male patient does the Dr check the PROSTATE????? You know "the GLOVE" :lol: Hubby really not happy about this!!! need to know so we can psych him up for the test!! Maybe Drugs will be in order??? :blush::blink:

Joanne

NOOOOO!!!!!!

That doesn't happen. If that was the case not a single male forumite would go for meds :angry2:

Don't worry Joanne. If I can remember correctly, they do the following:

-urine test (you have to pie in a cup)

-blood/HIV test (they'll draw some from your vein)

-weight

-height

-eye test (the one where you read the tiny letters on the board until you can't anymore)

the rest is like a normal check-up: hit knee with little hammer; breath in and out with stethoscope on chest and back; etc. Then of course there's all the questions you need to answer on the form. All-in-all it takes about 15 minutes per person. Then, of course, you need to go for a chest X-Ray. The medical including the X-Ray for me, my wife and my 15-year old son took about an hour.

Don't sweat it. It's not that bad.

Regards

My doctor (I reckon she was about 85!) gave me a lecture on checking for irregularities, etc, and said she could “show me how to examine myself†if I wanted to.

I respectfully declined, saying that I had it covered, thanks.

That’s about it. Tell your husband not to worry. :angry2:

no worries of any internals for either hubby or yourself, pretty basic stuff as mentioned above.

Hubby has nothing to worry about. We just did the basics.

And it goes quick, so no worries! :stretcher:

Thanks for the replies!! I think it is so funny that they get stressed over a "little GLOVE"!!! We go through it like it is a normal thing

and don't complain! :stretcher::ph34r:

Well, gotta book those medicals now! Youngest has just had to have her tonsils etc removed so will give her a little recup time!! :angry:

Joanne

Don't worry Joanne. If I can remember correctly, they do the following:

-urine test (you have to pie in a cup)

Don't sweat it. It's not that bad.

Regards

No pie in a cup for me :ilikeit:

Joanne

Its not the little GLOVE"!!!

Its where they put it :lol:

This has given me much laughter

When the Dr is male they are also supposed to have a lady present through any medical tests done on females as well.

We also had a hearing test and I remember weight height for BMI as well. Cant remeber the specific numbers but over 30 is noted and over 35 they can ask for more tests. perhaps they have phased that out now.

:ilikeit::lol::lol::lol: We never got a pie in a cup either !!! Not fair !

Sorry - couldnt help myself.

There was a show on telly not too long ago where the presenter went and had this "glove test" done for prostate cancer as they like to raise awareness of everything in Aus - it looked awefully uncomfortable so no wonder your hubby was stressing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: We never got a pie in a cup either !!! Not fair !

Sorry - couldnt help myself.

There was a show on telly not too long ago where the presenter went and had this "glove test" done for prostate cancer as they like to raise awareness of everything in Aus - it looked awefully uncomfortable so no wonder your hubby was stressing.

as far as I know (hubby told me this, so cant say for sure) is that they dont do that glove test anymore for prostate, they do a blood test for the same results. much better. but still hubby refuses to go.... :ilikeit:

• 10 months later...

I recently had a very small :blush: "lady" operation. Will this become an issue as part of the medicals - or don't I need to mention it?

I recently had a very small :rolleyes: "lady" operation. Will this become an issue as part of the medicals - or don't I need to mention it?

As long as you are fit and healthy there should be no problem! Just get a letter from your Dr stating that all is well!!!

My youngest had her tonsils out just before our medicals an I took a letter from the ENT which the Dr never even looked at!

J :blush:

Tell hubby as long as the doctor doesnt tune him "Look no hands" hell be fine :blush:

Archived