NARRE WARREN

Serendipity

I am searching Berwick for rentals and Narre Warren is an area that comes up alongside Berwick.

As i don't know the areas or any info - is this a good or "bad" area?

Would love to hear from people living in Berwick / NW area with their comments on the suburbs, schools and shopping etc.

Thanks

S

PS: Going to be hanging around alot in this link and picking all the Melbourne residents brains :ilikeit:

My apologies in advance

We are in Berwick now for 4 months and we love it! We moved this way because all our friends are in this Berwick and Narre Warren area. Our church is in Narre Warren...Reform Church of Casey. Our pastor is also a South African, LaMonte Ferreira. I personaly think Narre Warren is a good area and central to everything. The mall in Narren Warren is Fountaingate if you want to google it. Narre Warren, Berwick, Cranbourne and Pakenham is next to each other if that will help you.

...Cecile

It’s a bit of an inbetween area – there are definitely nicer areas of Narre Warren, and there are parts that have a bad reputation. I think that the area that’s more on the Berwick side is nicer, and the area that’s more on the Dandenong/City side is scrappier.

Most of Narre has a typical Aussie suburban feel – big backyards, wide streets, mature trees. There are some “bogan†areas though (anybody remember Corey the obnoxious teenager?) so I’d do some research on the neighbourhood and take a look at the surrounding houses, their gardens, etc, before jumping in.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hope this helps a bit.

It does help - alot, thank you.

We have two options at this point, that we keen on - Berwick or Sunbury (Mara's suggestion :stretcher: )

Any comments on the two would be greatly appreciated.

We have NEVER been to VIC, or AU as a matter of fact so its all been done by referals and internet . . . HEEEEEEELP!

I am searching Berwick for rentals and Narre Warren is an area that comes up alongside Berwick.

Would love to hear from people living in Berwick / NW area with their comments on the suburbs, schools and shopping etc.

Thanks

S

PS: Going to be hanging around alot in this link and picking all the Melbourne residents brains :stretcher:

My apologies in advance

Hi

We have lived in Berwick (renting when we got here) then purchased a house 5 minutes away in Narre Warren. Its better to be Northside in Narre Warren or Narre Warren North itself. Other considerations are schools. If you have children in secondary school and are looking at Government schooling - Berwick Secondary is probably the best government school in the area. They do go by zones and are stricter at Secondary level than Primary level. Primary schools that are good - Berwick Lodge, Oatlands. We have a lovely view of the Dandenongs which I really enjoy (find a lot of the new estates so flat ,houses all so close.) I am happy in the area and its facilities. If you want to send me a message happy to give my input to any queries you may have. Regards K

My suggestion is that you wait until you are here, go for a drive, visit both areas, see what appeals to you most, and then make up your mind.

It does help - alot, thank you.

We have two options at this point, that we keen on - Berwick or Sunbury (Mara's suggestion :thumbdown: )

Any comments on the two would be greatly appreciated.

We have NEVER been to VIC, or AU as a matter of fact so its all been done by referals and internet . . . HEEEEEEELP!

I think Mara's right, you can only decide which is better once you've seen both, but I guess you also only realise the good and bad points of a place once you've lived there.

I'm biased and I'll say that I'd prefer to live in Berwick (over Narre Warren), but that's because I live near it and know the area and am not too familiar with the Western areas like Sunbury.

I guess the good thing about renting is you can "try before you buy" a lot easier than if you bought a place. I know that finding a rental in Berwick or Narre is a lot easier than, say, in the city.

Good luck, if you have any more specific questions, just shout.

PS: Beacon Hills College has just opened a new school in Berwick - has a good reputation and looks pretty flash.

Thanks

S

PS: Going to be hanging around alot in this link and picking all the Melbourne residents brains :ilikeit:

My apologies in advance

I sugest that wherever you rent you only try and sign a 6 month max contract. As you live and travel around you find out how many nice places there are and then you are tied up for a year or two. Mara is correct in saying drive around and see the areas but you have to live it to feel it.....

Alex

Archived