Looking for Friends

van's in Oz

Hi there, just moved to Rockingham - South of the River - from Durban, 5 months ago, really would like to get together with ladies for coffee and companionship, after all, having friends makes life a lot happier. If anyone interested, let me know.

Hi there!

We are busy organising a fortnightly Saturday coffee morning, but north of the river - in the vicinity of Hillarys. Would you be able to travel? I'm going to be helping Noele (Tookie on the forum) to organise it starting October. I'm not sure how far Rockingham is?

By the way we are also from Hillcrest! Did you live there long? We lived there for about 10 years - maybe we know each other!! :huh: We've been here nearly 2 years - living north of the river in Sorrento.

Would be nice to meet up :)

Mary

Hi guys,

We also lived in Rockingham, moved to Baldivis beginning of August (about 10km from Rockingham). Would love to get together, but I am working during the day in Perth and only get home at 4pm. If you would like, we can arrange to get together after work or on a Saturday.

Mary, Rockingham is about 80km away from Hillarys, which is a bit out of the way.

Telanie

Why don't you make it a day with hubby and kids, there are such lovely spots to go to and then at least you have been up North of the River.

Just a suggestion..........

Would be nice to see faces to the names.

Cheers

Kathy

Im not in Perth - but Hillcrest used to be my old area too - miss the area so much some days !! So glad to see forumites from the highway area.

Vans want to wish you all the best in Perth !

I am also from Hillcrest (Forest Hills) My husband has been in Perth for a month now and I am going to join him in December.

Wow - was there something wrong with Hillcrest??? :thumbdown:

I really, really miss Hillcrest. What a beautiful place. I miss things like shopping at Richdens, the friendly people who work at the chemist there, having coffee at the Mugg and Bean, watching my boys play sport at school, the lovely doctors at Medicross, having a meal with friends at the Pot & Kettle up on the hill, the Saturday morning farmer's market, and of course the Heritage Market! :thumbdown:

Mary did you have to name all those wonderful places ?? :cry::cry: Having some really good memories come flooding back !

The Saturday market out at - think it was Brentwoods nursery ? used to go their every saturday morning early early - have brekkie and pat the hounds -and buy a large roast chicken pie for lunch, danishes from the German lady (who always had hundreds of bees around her !) eggs and mushrooms and of course fresh flowers.

The Pot and Kettle in Bothas Hill - aahhh ! Dunrobin - Heritage market - Christians Centre, Hillcrest Corner, Waterfall shopping centre (believe they've opened some new centre opposite now and will be demolishing existing centre to build a new one) another new one near Builders Hardware too.

The area sure has grown - I moved up there in 1989 and stayed until we moved here - it was so quiet - think with all the money that eventually came to the area - it was just a matter of time for crime to catch up.

But still a beautiful part of KZN. Thanx for the memories Mary - Franci enjoy it all as much as you can. Makes for some good memories.

We lived in Forest Hills - just the other side of the splash! Lovely views of the gorge from our house (which we are still trying to sell!) We are now in Ellenbrook and I miss the trees and the hills! Do you remember The View - pancake place in Bothas Hill?

Of course I remember the View - next to Rob Roy !!

We didnt live too far from you - we were right opposite the school. I too miss the gorge and the lush vegetation. Sorry to hear your house still hasnt sold. That must be quite stressful - one would think with the gorgeous gorge views it would be snapped up.

Sorry for going off topic Vans -

Archived