MATERIAL SHOPS IN PERTH?

mircri22

Hi,

Can anybody in Perth advise me if I can find nice material shops and where about.

You know the kind of indian shops here in Jhb,like Fiona's or Chamdoors or The Indian Plaza with all sorts of nick-naks!!

I am trying to decide if I should stock up here on curtaining material as I like to make my own and I saw some fabrick that I really like.I do also know that a lot of the houses there come with blinds,but I love designing/decorating,so please let me know.

Thanks a lot!!

You can go to Spotlight for curtains and Lincraft they have an amazing selection of curtain and dress fabrics.

There are various fabric outlets in Perth

For dress fabrics you can try Greenwood fabric shop , they have a lovely selection.

I spent about 2 hours in Spotlight yesterday and I want to say its my fave shop in Australia. Its a chain. For anybody that has the slightest creative side, go there and you can dress your home or entertain your kids with crafts for years. They have a great material department, everything about blinds, wool like you have never seen, paint, beads, ribbons, sewing machines, beautiful bedding and towels and so much more. I am busy making a door decoration for my nephew with his name out of wooden letters. Anyway, enjoy.

Spotlight is a great place to look for fabric, in part because they have some fabulous sales there and you can also get a loyalty discount card. BUT fabric on the whole is VERY expensive here. I have been making baby blankets for various friends and don't pay less then $20-$25 a meter (I don't shop at spotlight, as they only one in the Canberra area, is down in Queanbeyan, too far).

Candice

Archived