"You South Africans are really clean people!"

Kangabok

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

We moved house over the weekend and had to get the carpets professionally cleaned. Mr. Carpetcleaner - a born and bred Aussie of in his 50's - was very outspoken about a lot of things. First he was watching me in amazement as I was according to him still cleaning "a perfect clean place". He then said without asking from where I am (can only be the accent! :blush: ) that he is in this business for well over 10 years and the south africans are the best when it comes to clean houses! He states they are "really clean people", very house proud, even as tenants, and keep everything "tip-top". What he even finds more surprisingly is that he knows that South Africans are used to servants, but even without servants they still keep their houses clean and tidy without a servant. He states his fellow Aussies as dirty and he had no good word for the "poms" hygiene standards.... ;) or the people from the east. I can not repeat what he said about the aboriginis...

We were proud to be South Africans!! :ilikeit::holy:

What a fantastic compliment to you and most Saffers. There are plenty of Saffers out there whose house are not as neat and clean as we think they should be!!!! But who are we to judge, each to their own.

Hee, hee.....well, what else........

I have heard that comment as well

Erica

Archived