Hi from PE

SeanL

Hello All from a rather cold but sunny Port Elizabeth,

New to the forum and not sure where and how to start, but here goes.

We have a 176 visa approved for Melbourne and we (me, my wife and 2 kids) leave in September

for one week to Melbourne to have visa validated, then we come back.

Trying to set up some interviews for while we are there during that time, but that seems to be impossible if you are not in Oz.

It would be great to hear if anyone has a magical formula in setting up interviews if you are outside Oz (Logistics or Manufacturing Engineer)

as I am a bit worried to go over without a job to go to. Or am I just being paranoid in this regard.

Anyway, thanks for the great forum.

Cheers

Sean

PS - What does "PM" mean when someone says "PM me" in the various posts? (feel very stupid asking this question!!)

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the job hunting and enjoy your trip.

PM is private message using the forum between you and someone else.

Hi Sean

PM, see top right of your screen it says messages, if you click on that you will be taken to an area where you can send a private message to someone if you know what their 'handle' is. For instance if you typed in 'Mara' you would end up sending a message to me. Only you and I will be able to read it.

May I say welcome to Melbourne, hope you find your stay informative and that you manage to line up some interviews.

Hey Sean, welcome and goodluck. I also work in PE (live in jbay). I am leaving 17 Sept to Melbourne on 457 to start work. My wife will join me in Nov.

Welcome, Sean. Am also from PE.

You are so lucky to be going to Melbourne - the best place to be!.... :thumbdown::ilikeit:

Hope to get there some time in the not too distant future.

Archived