Sending stuff in later, for PR application

Dedrei

Hi guys

We will be sending our application for 136 PR visa soon. Just have a question.

Say we submit most of the stuff, can we submit our IELTS scores about a month after. Seeing as they are only allocating CO's 6 months later. If you can do this, how do you get them to put this last bit of info with your already submitted application? Do you get a reference number or something when you lodge and how soon do you get this number?

Thanks

Yes, you can submit without IELTS, once they assisgn a case officer to your application they then give you a list of outstanding doc's they still require from you and give you a deadline to submit them.

Thanks Iron-gut. When do they give you a reference number so that you can include this with the docs?

Hi Everyone,

Very interesting question… and it just gave me an idea… :ilikeit:

I suppose one cannot send an application without the principal applicants’ positive skill assessment… (?) As mentioned before, my husband is busy with his legal conversion exams. He can only claim his 60-point occupation once he gets admitted as a Solicitor in Australia: :ilikeit:

Courtesy of the Legal Professional Admission Board:

Immigration authorities have indicated to the Board that the assessment that they will find satisfactory is one that says '(applicants name)' has been admitted as a legal practitioner in NSW and, in the opinion of the Board, has suitable skills for a legal practitioner. Therefore, in order to obtain a "Skilled Migration Letter", a person will need to have overseas qualifications assessed in accordance with rules 97 and 98 of the Legal Profession Admission Rules 2005 and then be admitted as a lawyer.

ALL our documentation (my skill assessment, marriage- and birth certificates, IETLS etc.) is ready for submission (136 PR) except for the Admission Certificate.

If all goes well :whome: , my husband will be admitted in March 2007 and we will then be able to send the Admission Certificate to DIMIA.

My question therefore is whether DIMIA requires the skill assessment from the principal applicant upfront with the initial application or can one send it 3/4 months later?

It would be great if we can send our application in so long, but I doubt that this is the case.

Maybe Etienne or Dolf can help?

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Everyone,

Very interesting question… and it just gave me an idea… :ilikeit:

I suppose one cannot send an application without the principal applicants’ positive skill assessment… (?) As mentioned before, my husband is busy with his legal conversion exams. He can only claim his 60-point occupation once he gets admitted as a Solicitor in Australia: :ilikeit:

Courtesy of the Legal Professional Admission Board:

ALL our documentation (my skill assessment, marriage- and birth certificates, IETLS etc.) is ready for submission (136 PR) except for the Admission Certificate.

If all goes well :whome: , my husband will be admitted in March 2007 and we will then be able to send the Admission Certificate to DIMIA.

My question therefore is whether DIMIA requires the skill assessment from the principal applicant upfront with the initial application or can one send it 3/4 months later?

It would be great if we can send our application in so long, but I doubt that this is the case.

Maybe Etienne or Dolf can help?

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Guys

Bottom line is that it is a validity requirement for a SC136 to have a skills assessment for the primary applicant at time of application.

‘application must be accompanied by evidence that a relevant assessing authority has assessed the skills of the applicant seeking to satisfy the primary criteria for the grant of a Subclass 136 (Skilled — Independent) or Subclass 137 (Skilled — State/Territory-nominated Independent) visa as suitable for his or her nominated skilled occupation.’

In your case, the answer is no – can’t lodge without that LPAB letter.

Etienne Hugo

etienne.hugo@teleo-group.com

Hi Etienne,

Baie dankie vir die antwoord alhoewel dit nou nie baie positief is nie! :thumbdown: Ek het nie gedink dat dit moontlik sou wees nie, maar dit was die moeite werd om te vra! <_<

Groete, Pippa! :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I came across the Valid Applications link ;) that clearly states what kind of documents you HAVE to submit to make you application a valid application:

To make a valid application for this visa, you must do all of the following:

pay the correct visa application fee

lodge your application with the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) using the correct application form

main applicant must sign the declarations at the end of the application form

main applicant must be less than 45 years of age

nominate an occupation from the Skilled Occupation List

provide evidence that the relevant assessing authority has assessed your skills as suitable for your nominated occupation.

You must make sure that you can meet these requirements at the time you lodge your application. This will make your application valid.

If your application does not meet the minimum requirements and it is not valid:

your papers and any payments made will be returned to you

and

you will not be considered as having made an application.

From the above, it is clear that one can submit you IELTS later... :ilikeit: (?)

Bye, Pippa! X

Thanks Iron-gut. When do they give you a reference number so that you can include this with the docs?

Hi Dedrei

We waited about 2 weeks for our reference number .

christelle