Maestro Card

bluebonnet

On my visit in December to SA, I want to use my Maestro Card. (it is the debit card from MasterCard) I will just use it to withdraw cash.

Has anyone used this card in SA? It should be fine I think, but I just want to make sure.

I just used my normal Eftpos savings card to withdraw monies in SA , I just had to make sure that the ATM had a Maestro Sign.

I thought that was really neat, no need for special travellex Card or Travellers cheques , to easy

I just used my normal Eftpos savings card to withdraw monies in SA , I just had to make sure that the ATM had a Maestro Sign.

I thought that was really neat, no need for special travellex Card or Travellers cheques , to easy

Thanks. :ilikeit: I guess it should not be difficult to find an ATM that has the Maestro Sign on it? I will not be in big cities, and on the road a lot.

I read somewhere that one should never exchange money at the Airport for safety reasons. I want to take some cash and will get some Rands here in Switzerland. I guess they ask you how much cash you have with you on arrival, right?

Most of the ATM are either Maestro or Cirus, so I dont think you should have a problem. Even travelling on the road , most towns would have an ATM.

There were no forms to complete on arrival, so no one asked how much money you have on you.

If you are not on a South African passport they might want proff of a return ticket or an onward ticket.

Nothing specific was asked for.

Regards

Enrica

Most of the ATM are either Maestro or Cirus, so I dont think you should have a problem. Even travelling on the road , most towns would have an ATM.

There were no forms to complete on arrival, so no one asked how much money you have on you.

If you are not on a South African passport they might want proff of a return ticket or an onward ticket.

Nothing specific was asked for.

Regards

Enrica

Thanks Enrica, I appreciate the information.

Archived