Where to live in Brisbane ?.

Mike and Nicole

Good day all.

We are currently in Sydney ( wife and 2 kids aged 9 and 7 ), been here since Jan' 09. Thinking of moving to Brisbane as Sydney is way too expensive, especially for property. We would like suggestions for areas in which to look at, to live. Good schools, close to the sea, land blocks over 1000sqm, etc. Wife will be based in CBD. Me, dunno yet, career dead at the moment.

Any suggestions, advice, ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

Many thanks.

Mike, Nicole and kids.

Good day all.

We are currently in Sydney ( wife and 2 kids aged 9 and 7 ), been here since Jan' 09. Thinking of moving to Brisbane as Sydney is way too expensive, especially for property. We would like suggestions for areas in which to look at, to live. Good schools, close to the sea, land blocks over 1000sqm, etc. Wife will be based in CBD. Me, dunno yet, career dead at the moment.

Any suggestions, advice, ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

Many thanks.

Mike, Nicole and kids.

Hi, we live in Carindale and love it.

Close to CBD, great shops, schools, parks, and lots of South Africans.

Feel free to contact me if you make a trip to look around.

Cheerio

Sean

Hi, we live in Carindale and love it.

Close to CBD, great shops, schools, parks, and lots of South Africans.

Feel free to contact me if you make a trip to look around.

Cheerio

Sean

Hi Sean.

Sounds like just the place !. I'll check it out, thanks a million.

All the best.

Mike.

We are also hoping to move onto Brisbane eventually, SYD is just too expensive, but we will have to stick it out a bit longer here yet.

You might want to also check out Northlakes, while we were there on holiday, we went to view some of the houses on show and it looks like a lovely suburb - more like an estate I should say. There are schools within the estate as well as a shopping mall etc.

Im sure there are other forumites living in Northlakes that could best explain it. It was still developing when we went.

Good luck with your move.

I'd say Aspley. Bridgeman Downs, Albany Creek area......but then I live here so I am biased ! It is BEAUTIFUL !!!! PM me if you have any specific questions.

Nix

We are also hoping to move onto Brisbane eventually, SYD is just too expensive, but we will have to stick it out a bit longer here yet.

You might want to also check out Northlakes, while we were there on holiday, we went to view some of the houses on show and it looks like a lovely suburb - more like an estate I should say. There are schools within the estate as well as a shopping mall etc.

Good luck with your move.

Northlakes is quite far north with poor access and long travel times to the city. Also being new has small blocks of land. No bus or train access. I would say Aspley but it it not near the sea.

Bribie is but no transport. Shornecliffe is near transport and the sea. A bit expensive small blocks of land.

Near the sea Nudgee Not much swimable beach in Brisbane. Wellington Point on the south of the river has an OK beach.

look on QRail website for trains and translink for bus. ( I would not drive into the city. It takes to long and parking is crazy expensive)

We are in Albany Creek and I believe there are lots of South Africans here ( Have met a few and heard many). Bus to the city, but some people drive to train. Safe parking and free, so i do this if I need to go to the city in the week

Archived