Newbie to the forum

Kyto (Key-toe)

Hi and G'Day to All,

New to the forum. My family son (11), daughter (8), wife and I have decided last year to make the move to Australia. We first applied for the 175 visa and like most folk we changed to 176 visa when the rules changed from the begging of the year. We live in Jhb/ Alberton. I'm currently a training officer for Diesel Electrical fitter (Diesel Locomotives) and my wife has her own business dealing with the Road Accident Fund. Our reason for moving is generally the same as most but mostly we are looking for change a change in life style, culture, mentality, ect.... but mostly for a better quality of life. :ilikeit:

I have done some reading on this forum, and I thank all the people who have asked and answered questions. A lot has been learnt on this forum. :holy:

Regards

Kyto and family

Welcome to the forum Kyto and family!

Where you guys thinking of going in Aus? We've applied for the 175 and are now (im)patiently waiting for a CO.

The forum really is a wealth of knowledge and there are some great people who are always ready to help out with any question you might have.

All the best with your visa and moving plans!

Michele

Welcome and enjoy the company !

Welcome to the forum....se we are close to you guy's here, we live in Edenvale, and we are going to Gold Coast in 8 weeks time if you have any questions....fire away if it's more personal...pm me and I'll try to help where I can....

I worked for Ringsdorff carbon for 11 years (my dad was md for 19 years,Chris Brice) and part of my slice was monitoring of the traction brushes and pantograph R+D on all the locos country wide....

Hilton

Thanks Michele

We are planning to start our Australian lives in Brisbane. Can't think of a better way to learn Australia than to start out in a large city and maybe in time move to a smaller spot near the coast. :blush:

Kyto

Hi Hilton,

Eight weeks to go, WoW! That’s really great. Thanks for the introduction. How long has this application taken you guys, bet you are really excited.

I work close to you in Germiston at a diesel (GE) locomotive depot, started my apprenticeship there and have been there for 19 years now. I'm still young on the training side, only been there for two years now.

I have a lot of questions to ask you. So thanks for your offer to help, we really appreciated it.

Kyto

Welcome Kyto and Family

We've been here for almost a year on the Gold Coast (just South of Brisbane). We all love it here, very much like home, we've made wonderful Saffer friends as well as Aussies and people from all over the world! It's a great place to raise a family and improve your quality of life. If you need to ask any questions, please feel free, we will help wherever we can.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks Zaffergirl and to all the well wishers.

And a big thanks to Dirtbikerider for sharing your experience so far, really appriciate it.

I'm grateful that I found this forum, it has really helped us a lot and it's nice to see that we are not alone in this long journey.

Regards

Kyto and family :rolleyes:

We're also hoping to go to Brisbane, but guess we'll see where we can find jobs.

Just wish someone at DIAC would give us a CO :angry:

Archived