Just recieved Visa's for Adelaide

Tamin

Hi - my family and I have just recieved our Visa's for Adelaide. :ilikeit:

Terribly worried about finding the right area to live in - where do I start?

Any idea on which schools are good ??

HELP !!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! I am not there yet, but I think best place would be where you find work, or which type of town you like then go with that,I am feeling the same,but like Canberra and that is why I want to head there

Nice to see you around again, and congrats on the Visa.... :ilikeit:

The best place to start is definately in the Adelaide communities section. There has been much discussion lately about area and schools.... there's a fair bit of reading, but it will help wonders!!!

All the best,

red

HELP !!!!!!!

Congrats on the visas!

Do your research. It's amazing what you can find on the internet and then you also have the forum. Sorry I can't help, don't know much about Adelaide (yet).

Enjoy

:ilikeit::ilikeit: CONGRATULATIONS :ilikeit::ilikeit:

and welcome to Adelaide, where the sun shines and the dreams begin.

Read, read and read . It will give you a fair idea of life over here and most of the jobs are around or in the city.

Good luck

Desiree

congrats, same us us - nerve racking trying to figure out what we doing

CONGRATULATIONS on the visas. I agree with the above posts there is heaps of valuable info in the Adelaide Community section Good Luck

xxx

HELP !!!!!!!!

Congrats!

We are still waiting. Our doc was received by Queensland 2 Apri; 09. How long did you wait for your visa's?

Goodluck! Google adelaide. you can search on there for schools and interesting places arround. Friends of

ours also started their. If you minds right and you with your family any new place will be gr8!

Engelbrecht's

You lucky fish! We loved Adelaide on our LSD!!!!!

Well done and CONGRATS!

We still have a loooong way to go. We are still in the beginning stages of preparing for our visas but i'm so happy for you and your family.

Hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Best, Gypsy

Hi - my family and I have just recieved our Visa's for Adelaide. :)

HELP !!!!!!!!

Hi Tamin

Go to the > LSD Trips & Arrivals forum and check out the post by NicciG dated 29 july 2009, titled "LSD trip to Adelaide........" and my reply (and others) dated 30 July 2009 for some info on suburbs and schools.

What visa have you guys been granted and when are you scheduled to arrive in Adelaide?

Enjoy!

Manny

• 2 months later...
Hi - my family and I have just recieved our Visa's for Adelaide. :(

HELP !!!!!!!!

You sound just like us a year ago! Your kid usually have to go to school in the area that you live. Public schools are pretty much the same except for a few areas in Adelaide: My friend Leone will only consider Burnside but the rental houses are few and very expensive. I also recommend rental till you figure out which area you like. Some areas are generally considered "below the railway line": Generally the Northern Suburbs like: Salisbury, Elisabeth..(note it is not North Adelaide: this is near the city centre).

We looked around for houses and went for interviews at schools in the area till we found a combination that worked for us all. We are staying on the higher ground near Tea Tree Gully, it is generally cooler in summer but also so in winter!

I love Adelaide and would probably not consider another city (even if I could); I have state and company sponsorship so I am stuck here.

Good luck with the move.

Hans< Carina and Michael

Archived