When is the next brisbane get together?

duToits

We would love to meet up with some South africans in Brisbane. Are there any plans for a get together, if not, van we make a plan?

• 1 month later...
We would love to meet up with some South africans in Brisbane. Are there any plans for a get together, if not, van we make a plan?

You can come to the Gold Coast ones - a lot of Brisbane ladies do...

I will let you know if you want..

Heather

• 4 weeks later...

im arriving in december and would be living in victoria point, any saffers living there???

would love to have a chat and organise a play date with my kids, boy is 4 and girl is 7?

Any gatherings 3 to 8 Jan 2010?

Yes please would love to join. Been here for 2 weeks and not met any saffers yet!

Hi we have been in Brisbane for 20 months , out of South Africa for 11 years. We are in Wynnum in Brisbane.

Yes would be good to have a "big meet" in January , we have a Boy 4 (going to prep next year) and a 2.5 year old girl.

If any one want to meet up earlier let us know or if you need any information.....

Dirk and Jackie

Sounds like a few South East brisbanites - has anyone made any plans? PM me your interest and I'll set something up for January 2010?

That is very unsual to be in Australia for 2 weeks and not meet any Saffers. If you live on the Gold Coast every second person you walk into is a Saffer and I am only talking about the Saffers that you can recognise by the accent not the younger ones that have already picked up the Aussie accent. We often have get togethers here on the Gold Coast. These functions normally organise themselves as well, what I mean by that is as soon as there is a rugby match on and South Africa is playing the Saffers all go to the Boardwalk Tavern here in Hope Island and it normally is very festive. I know there is also functions organised on Facebook as I joined a group South Africans living on the Gold Coast and another group South African living in Brisbane. From memory someone is trying to organise an get together and also a potjie competition here in Brisbane.

Hope this helps

Saussie.

• 1 month later...

in case any of you are interested, a group of South africans have recently set up this

Gold Coast SA RugbyREMINDER!!! Training and Supporters Braai at 2pm Sunday at Helensvale Rugby Club. There will be wors roles and South African beers , Saffa.com.au will be selling there line of SuperBok clothing and donating 20% of sales to the team. All profits from the day go to the team so please come down and support us!

that is today 10 jan.. there is a site on facebook

GoldcoastSA rugby..

lots going on here on the coast!!

Hi there to the one or two asking to meet SA's in Brisbane

We have a friends picnic afternoon planned for Australia day if you would like to come up and meet a few South Africans living in Brisbane, some have kids, others not, ages range between 28 years and 40.

Just let me know and I can give you some details, we are meeting at Kangaroo Point - midday, at bottom of cliffs.

Cheerio

Dee

Hi all, we are landing on 18 Jan and would love to attend the picnic!

Dee, do I need to to pm you to get the details?

Groete

Talita

• 2 weeks later...
in case any of you are interested, a group of South africans have recently set up this

Gold Coast SA RugbyREMINDER!!! Training and Supporters Braai at 2pm Sunday at Helensvale Rugby Club. There will be wors roles and South African beers , Saffa.com.au will be selling there line of SuperBok clothing and donating 20% of sales to the team. All profits from the day go to the team so please come down and support us!

that is today 10 jan.. there is a site on facebook

GoldcoastSA rugby..

lots going on here on the coast!!

We'll be at the match on 6/2/2010. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Goldie

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Been in Brisbane for 1 month and still not met any Saffers...please let us know if there are any get togethers happening soon. Would love to hear a Saffer accent again :blush: