Hello

Deborah

Hi All

I've been reading (with great interest) all the discussions about life in Adelaide. My husband, myself and two children (age 6 and 7) are just about to move to Adelaide. We have been in NZ for 14 years and have loved it, but for various reasons have decided to move across the ditch.

I am really looking forward to it, and am very inspired by how positive you all are. I think in some respects it will be easier for us as we have already made the difficult move of leaving SA.

I'd love to know people's opinions on suburbs and the schools within those suburbs. I realise everyone has different tastes, but it would be nice to hear nonetheless. The pros and cons and which ones are suited to families with young children etc.

So if you have time, I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Regards

Debbie

Hi All

I've been reading (with great interest) all the discussions about life in Adelaide. My husband, myself and two children (age 6 and 7) are just about to move to Adelaide. We have been in NZ for 14 years and have loved it, but for various reasons have decided to move across the ditch.

I am really looking forward to it, and am very inspired by how positive you all are. I think in some respects it will be easier for us as we have already made the difficult move of leaving SA.

I'd love to know people's opinions on suburbs and the schools within those suburbs. I realise everyone has different tastes, but it would be nice to hear nonetheless. The pros and cons and which ones are suited to families with young children etc.

Regards

Debbie

Hi Debbie, Welcome to the forum. Wow another move, you must be excited.

Sorry I can't help with details, I've never been to Adelaide (hope to go there on holiday one day).

All the best with your new life in Adelaide, stay in touch.

Thanks! I think we must be mad.....but it will be the last as I wouldn't want to move the kids too much later than their current ages.

Whereabouts are you?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. There has been quite a bit of information posted on suburbs lately - not sure of all the posts - this is one I found: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=24626

Perhaps try do a search, and then revive an older topic by posting to it. Also check the pinned topics at the top of the Adelaide community area.

We are also thinking of moving to Adelaide - not sure when yet. Good luck in your move. :blink:

• 2 months later...

Hi Debbie

We are in Adelaide - on the South. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi All

Regards

Debbie

Hi All

Regards

Debbie

Hi Debbie

For some the second move is always easier. Good move! Adelaide is a delightful place to live,work and raise a family in.We landed in Brisbane and loved it, moved to Adelaide and have grown to love it too. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Happy to help if you have specific questions as our personal circumstances are all very different and we all have different expectations, have different attitudes and "make" our own very different lives in the cities/towns that we choose to live in.

We live in Urrbrae in the foothills in the Eastern suburbs, shop at Burnside Village, are 8 minutes from Sterling (in the Adelaide Hills), 15 Minutes to the beach (down Cross Road) and 10 minutes to the CBD and love it.

There are however many other ex South Africans (6000 of them) that live very happily (and some not so happily :whome: - life is after all, what you make of it) in the Southern, Northern and Western suburbs. Some have big homes others are happy in smaller more modest homes - each to their own.

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

Hi Debbie

We are still in SA, hoping to move to Adelaide soon but because of the new priority processing system our application has been delayed like many others- i just returned from Adelaide last week and loved it- have a look under LSD trips on the main board for our experience of the different suburbs in Adelaide.

Have a lekker day !

Odin

hi

Been here for roughly a month. Mostly great, but of course have some difficult days. But the weather helps - NZ weather can be a bit trying! We have settled in Highbury. near school and near to Linear park which is fantastic. Pool is being fixed.....

Really like what I see of Adelaide so far.

totsiens

debbie

hi

Been here for roughly a month. Mostly great, but of course have some difficult days. But the weather helps - NZ weather can be a bit trying! We have settled in Highbury. near school and near to Linear park which is fantastic. Pool is being fixed.....

Really like what I see of Adelaide so far.

totsiens

debbie

Hi Debs

Highbury near/on Linear Park is a beautiful area :D

Pleased to hear that you have arrived on the big island and in the metropolis of Adelaide ......and are enjoying it..

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Debbie,

We live in Newton, 15 minutes North East of Adelaide, close to Manny and Deborah. I think the best is to decide an an area and then to look at scools in that area.

Good luck with the move and all thest

Greetings

Karl