FireArms

Paul Coetser

Hi All,

I've got a pellet (windbuks) and would like to know what is the process of taking that to OZ? We are leave NOV for OZ.

Is it worth the trouble?

King ragards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you bring it with, and it's in a container, you have to declare it and customs will want to know exactly where in the container it is situated if they want to have a look at it.

Maybe have a look on the customs website: http://www.customs.gov.au

Or maybe someone else has a more definite answer?

• 3 weeks later...

I think even an air-rifle would be regarded as a firearm here in OZ -

I am importing my firearms (x4) - using 'The Powder Keg" (Wendie - 0114721722) who is doing the export from SA, and 'ABCYL' (Glen - +61415456075) to do the import in Perth, OZ - this I am told is the easiest way, that is to export dealer to dealer.

I left my firearms with Wendie, and on arriving in Oz, Glen arranged an 'Oz import permit', which I sent to Wendie, who has now arranged an 'SA export permit' - just waiting for 'air-freight' quotes to ship them over here - and then to get licences here - in all a long and expensive process, so I would only reccomend it if the firearm(s) are of serious value to you.

• 6 years later...

Thnx @patrice I know the Powder Keg very well. I'll definitely contact them.