Ekka?

Pippa

Hi All,

Who has been to the Ekka and is it worthwhile to go? My husband and I don't have kids and don't know if it will be a waste of time to go…??? If we do go, we won't be going on the Show Day (Wednesday, 12 August 2009) as I believe it’s just way too crowded on Show Day.

Bye, Pippa! X

If you liked the old Rand Show - this is a bigger version......

HI Pippa.

Did you like going to the Pta Show? If you liked it- go. I went once as my daughter was competing in Dressage. it was long and very boring day.Would not attend if I had no children. personal opinion though.

• 3 months later...

I would agree with Queensland Girl.

I've liven in Brisbane since Nov 2004 and been to the Ekka once in that time to see what it's like. We don't have any children though. I will not be going again in the near future.

The Ekka is designed around agricultural dispays and children entertainment. Children do tend to enjoy it.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the info - my husband and I are/were considering going this year (during our visa activation trip/holiday) but if it's 'just' an agricultural show, we'll wait until we're living in Bne permanently.

I wouldn't put it on the list of things to do while on a holiday in Brisbane.

Show day is a public holiday in Brisbane, so lots of places will be pretty full.

To my mind a walk in the botanic gardens, a trip to Australia Zoo, a trip up the Sunshine Coast are all better than the show.