Drivers Licence-ADL

Tazz

I was just wondering about the Process in ADL and how I should go about it.

You write a test on the road rules first, if you pass then you take a drive and you have it. Not to serious but also rather tough if like me you havent been in that sort of situation in a few years. You can practice the road rule test at : www.raa.net . You have to "convert" within 3 months of either landing here with PR or getting PR. You can drive on your SA licence if you are here on a temp visa, but they do not like it very much and the police frown a bit on that. Drivers licence if the primary form of ID here. There are licence offices everywhere, any one close to you will do.

You write a test on the road rules first, if you pass then you take a drive and you have it. Not to serious but also rather tough if like me you havent been in that sort of situation in a few years. You can practice the road rule test at : www.raa.net . You have to "convert" within 3 months of either landing here with PR or getting PR. You can drive on your SA licence if you are here on a temp visa, but they do not like it very much and the police frown a bit on that. Drivers licence if the primary form of ID here. There are licence offices everywhere, any one close to you will do.

Thats what im afraid of...you develope ones own habits and now have to remember to change them for the test.

Hi Marius,

Thank you for the web addy.... having a look at it now.

It's no big deal really. Even an old dog like me could still pass the test if I went for it this week.

You just have to do everything "by the book".

If thousands of others from Sth Africa . . . teenagers, grannies, mums and dads . . . can do it, what makes you think it's so hard?

You might surprise yourself . . . and actually pass!

They are not THAT strict on the "converters " in general. Just to the basics right like we all know we should :blink: ( and do of course :unsure: )

Wow, I got 36/42 first time multiple choice.... :blink:

OOPs I failed the give way section :blink:

:unsure: I passed the give way 2nd time around.

Thanks Marius gives me a great idea on the theory side of what to expect