POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE

Frenchie

Hi everyone

I would like to know whether anyone could advise me on the following problem I have.

My husband and myself applied for our police clearance certificates at the beginning of November. Today I contacted them to find out what the delay is. They then informed me that they picked up a fingerprint number, a possible conviction and they need to do further investigation and check the file. I am so stressed and worried. The only thing that we are aware of is the Drunken driving which was a couple of years ago, even before we were married. Any advice or who I can contact to speed it up? Also have any of you went through somethin like this? is it going to have a negative affect on our 457 visa application?

I would appreciate any help and advice

This was in fact discussed on the forum a little while ago but you can also PM Lindy-Lee, she can help you with info. (I'll see if I can find that post I'm referring to....) ;)

Hi Frenchie

here is the link Riekie spoke about.... http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=1749

Why do you need police clearance for 457 visa? You only need it if you alpply for PR. If your conviction is older than 10 years you can apply for a police pardon. There is another tread on that, I will have alook for it in a minute. But if there is anything you would like to know send me a PM and I will see if I can help.

Here I found the link to police pardon details, thanx to beachbum. Hope this helps you. http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...=2031&hl=pardon

Good luck and thinking of you. I know it's not a nice feeling but hang in there, might not be as bad as you think.

Lindy-Lee

:blink:

Edited by Lindy-Lee

Thanks for the link LL! :blink:

:blink: Hi there

Thanks to Dolf van Zyl (vzyllaw@bigpond.net.au), I could locate fingerprint forms to be sent back to the Crim Bureau in the RSA.

If you have someone in the RSA who can take this to the SAPS offices in Pta, they can hand it in and it takes 8 weeks to get an answer (positive or negative) .

In Lindie-Lee's case, I would seek the assistance of Dolf van Zyl to assist you - if you want to do it yourself, then use the website and ask for a pardon.

But once again. You do not need the SAPS clearance when you apply for the 457, its only needed when you apply for Permanent Residence, and that is only after 2 years being here on a temp working visa.

Hope I got it all right. As I chose to do it all by myself, I had to do it the hard way. I arranged all my medicals, job, visa, work etc after I arrived here on a "no work" holiday visa. It made it a lot more expensive and headaches by the minute. But if I have to do it all over again by myself - well, sure, I will do it. But do not hesitate to ask questions, on this forum and others.

We are all here to help each other. Strange, because back home we would not help one another, but here being all in the same melting pot, we flock together.

By all means, ask. Ask until you get it right, in the end you will STAY. GOING BACK IS NOT AN OPTION.

BEST OF LUCK

Dear All

I would just like to thank you for all your advice and continued support. I am truly amazed at how quickly everybody replies and willing to help. It really makes me feel good about doing this application for Australia even though their are lots of hurdles involved.

Wish us luck!!!

Frenchie

• 3 months later...

Hi Frenchie

Please keep me posted, my hubby also has a drunk driving charge from Nov1997. We've been told that the charge is not an issue when applying for the 457, but may be of concern when applying for pr. You can apply for presidential pardon for the charge after 10 years with your local Dept of Justice, the forms are available on the internet. You will then have to reapply for a police clearance.

If anyone has any other advise...

Edited by gLENDA

Hi

We handed our docs in for pres. pardon almost a year ago , no news yet . My husband got caught with his dads car when he was 16 he is 34 now and it is still on his record . So if you want to apply for pardon do it cause it takes time .

Best of luck

Ekke

Hi,

Kan iemand my dalk help i.v.m die police clearance certificate. Ek is tans in Canberra en het in die week gehoor dat ek 'n permanente werk gekry het :whome:. Vir my werk moet ek aansoek doen vir 'n spesiale lisensie en hulle het 'n police clearance certificate van Suid-Afrika nodig. Ek is op 'n 457 visa hier so dit was nie nodig om dit te kry voordat ons hiernatoe gekom het nie. Waar begin 'n mens? Gaan jy net eenvoudig na die naaste polisiestasie hier en vra vir 'n vorm en om vingerafdrukke te laat doen? Moet jy 'n afspraak maak? Kan jy die vorm vooraf kry van die internet?

Help asb!

Dankie

S