When to pack the container?

Lee

Hi all,

Just a quick question - how long before you actually moved out of your home did the packers come in (based on the packing taking 3 days)? Did your planning work / not work for you?

Thanks

Lee

Our container was packed on 21 Oct and we flew out on 31 Oct - we stayed with our very dear neighbours while they were packing, which was a very practical arrangement as we could be at our house when we had to, and could just dash next door for meals etc. A lot of things we did not sell and were not taking with us to Aus, were still at the house and we were close enough when the welfare organisations came round to pick everything up. You won't believe how involved this whole packing & cleaning process is and how many times you will still need to get to your house, even after the container is packed! Some days we were packing or cleaning into the night and were desperately tired and drained. Thanks to our good neighbours we managed to survive! ;)

Our container was packed on 21 Oct and we flew out on 31 Oct - we stayed with our very dear neighbours while they were packing, which was a very practical arrangement as we could be at our house when we had to, and could just dash next door for meals etc. A lot of things we did not sell and were not taking with us to Aus, were still at the house and we were close enough when the welfare organisations came round to pick everything up. You won't believe how involved this whole packing & cleaning process is and how many times you will still need to get to your house, even after the container is packed! Some days we were packing or cleaning into the night and were desperately tired and drained. Thanks to our good neighbours we managed to survive! ;)

With our move we will be staying at home living on take aways.....The beds will be the last furniture they pack....on the third day the container goes and we then move into a hotel for 2 days before we fly out.

I think every move depends on each individuals situation and what you arrange with your removal company.

Hi,

We sold our house and waited for the property transfer to be validated. Once the date was known, we arranged our move for the day before final transfer took place. I still needed to work for another month and we rented a furnished flat. This allows for the 4-6 weeks for the furniture to arrive in Perth. I have also arranged for additional storage in Perth. This way there was no pressure and we could look for a Perth property to rent in our leisure time.

Hope it helps!!

I have also arranged for additional storage in Perth. This way there was no pressure and we could look for a Perth property to rent in our leisure time.

Hi ottg

Can you please enlighten us to more or less the cost involved with additional storage in Perth. As we are also thinking of using additional storage.

Regards

Rudi Steyn

Hi ottg

Can you please enlighten us to more or less the cost involved with additional storage in Perth. As we are also thinking of using additional storage.

Regards

Rudi Steyn

Hi Rudi,

We have decided to use Biddulphs, however Britannica quoted us a handling fee of AUD462 and a storage fee of AUD385 per month.

Hope this helps!

Lee

Hi there

Our packers came on the Tuesday and we went to mom from then on. Hubby flew out a week later and I stayed on and worked for an extra month. Everything was packed into the boxes on the first day except the outside and big stuff so it wouldn't have been easy to stay an extra night and I didn't want stuff getting confused and the wrong stuff going. One tip though make sure everything that is not being packed is out of the house and no where to be found. My sister in law had the dirty dog box backed and all sorts of other things that she had no intention of sending.

Good Luck