Where to buy South African goodies

Tarsh

:)

Hi All,

Just moved to Perth - living in Leedervile. I was wondering where I can buy South African food products from??

Also - is there any social groups that meet? Maybe braai's for the rugby matches or other events?

Thanks,

Natasha

Welcome to Perth

You can buy you SA goodies from Cape to Cairo in Osborne Park

African heritage In Duncraig

Most of the IGAS stock chutney etc etc.

Get together for braais, just check under the WA community /Events section

Remember Boktown for when the Boks are in perth at the Leederville Hotel, huge turnout normally. They have big screens to watch the match, but normally no kids under 18 allowed after 6PM.

Social groups , there is a coffee morning every 2nd Wednesday of the month which Noele(Tookie on the forum) hosts at Toscaninis at Hillarys, just check under the WA events/community section. perhaps send her a PM

Regards

Enrica

Edited by Enrica

:lol:

Hi All,

Just moved to Perth - living in Leedervile. I was wondering where I can buy South African food products from??

Also - is there any social groups that meet? Maybe braai's for the rugby matches or other events?

Thanks,

Natasha

Hi Natasha

Welcome to Perth and the forum!! Noticed that you stay a 'stone throw' from the City!!

Hope you settle in quickly.....enjoy your new lives here!! Is it just hubby and yourself

or do you have any children?

Go well

Erica :)

Have a look at Coles. You will chutney there. But it is not always in the isle you would think.

HI

If you want to order it online you can go to satooz.They have quite a variety of music and other SA stuff like the black motorbikes for the kids!!

Have a great time in Australia

Welcome to Perth

You can buy you SA goodies from Cape to Cairo in Osborne Park

African heritage In Duncraig

Most of the IGAS stock chutney etc etc.

Get together for braais, just check under the WA community /Events section

Remember Boktown for when the Boks are in perth at the Leederville Hotel, huge turnout normally. They have big screens to watch the match, but normally no kids under 18 allowed after 6PM.

Social groups , there is a coffee morning every 2nd Wednesday of the month which Noele(Tookie on the forum) hosts at Toscaninis at Hillarys, just check under the WA events/community section. perhaps send her a PM

Regards

Enrica

Thanks Enrica!

I did look in the IGA and Coles - must have missed it :0). I will check for the social events - we like a braai and get together - it's a nice way to meet people when your new in town!

Regards,

Natasha

Edited by Tarsh

Hi Natasha

Welcome to Perth and the forum!! Noticed that you stay a 'stone throw' from the City!!

Hope you settle in quickly.....enjoy your new lives here!! Is it just hubby and yourself

or do you have any children?

Go well

Erica :(

Hi Erica,

Yes - we are close to the city. Although my hubby would be happier more north near the beach :0)

No kids yet - just us

Regards

Natasha

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Erica,

Yes - we are close to the city. Although my hubby would be happier more north near the beach :0)

No kids yet - just us

Regards

Natasha

You are in the same boat as us, its just my hubby and I, PM me if you ever want to get together, we have not been having BBQ's as the weather has been bad but winter is almost over.

Candice

:)

Hi All,

Thanks,

Natasha

Hi Natasha

Yes, I have taken over from Enrica and hosting the coffee morning this Wednesday 12th Aug. at Toscanini's which is located at Hillarys Marina/Sorrento Quay. I will be there from 9h30. Hope you are able to make it.

Cheers

Noele

Hi Natasha - welcome.

We live in Wembley - almost next door to you guys.

My other half also thinks we are way to far from the beach! :lol:

Unfortunately the area we are in is not a huge South African area, but I have seen Mrs Balls at the IGA, Coles and Woolworths. You can also get rooibos tea there.

The IGA in Wembley stocks the most fantastic boerewors.

Other than that, due to the not so big SA community, the local shops don't have that much to offer in terms of SA products.

The Northern suburbs though (where hoards of SA people live) are much better stocked. I have heard that some of the shops even have a South African food isle!!!

I can't wait until next month when we move north! :)

Hi Natasha - welcome.

We live in Wembley - almost next door to you guys.

My other half also thinks we are way to far from the beach! :ilikeit:

Unfortunately the area we are in is not a huge South African area, but I have seen Mrs Balls at the IGA, Coles and Woolworths. You can also get rooibos tea there.

The IGA in Wembley stocks the most fantastic boerewors.

Other than that, due to the not so big SA community, the local shops don't have that much to offer in terms of SA products.

The Northern suburbs though (where hoards of SA people live) are much better stocked. I have heard that some of the shops even have a South African food isle!!!

I can't wait until next month when we move north! :ilikeit:

Good, we look forward to welcoming you at our Coffee Morning at Toscanini's next month when you relocate North next month. What suburb are you moving to??

Noele

Good, we look forward to welcoming you at our Coffee Morning at Toscanini's next month when you relocate North next month. What suburb are you moving to??

Noele

We are moving to Edgewater (just South of Joondalup) - I am really looking forward to having my own space again! ;)