Rainbow sightings

Almost Aussie

I've never seen so many rainbow sightings per day as here in Perth. On certain days even more than 10 times. It's amazing and I've twice seen more than one rainbow at the same time and even double rainbows (one above the other). I've experienced this last winter in Perth (our first here) and the same happened this year. It's just awesome.

Is it just me or is this above the norm?

Edited by Almost Aussie

When people refer to LSD on this forum it is not the stuff they used in the 60's! Get off the happy pills! :holy:

Seriously, have seen a few rainbows in Sydney but it sound like I will have to look up more.

I agree...The amount of rainbows is just phenomenal.......and the colours are so sharp and bright.

Any weathermen out there know why this is?

post-4233-1248311000.jpg

ag dankie man!. ek het dit myself gevat.

Geez Jordy! What an amazing pic!! Yip, I too have seen loads of rainbows, but damn, wish

this rain would stop already!!!!

Who on this forum was here in Perth last winter????? When can we expect the rains to let

up......is August just as wet, yeah, yeah, I know it's winter and all.......but enough now!! LOL!

When does it start getting lighter in the mornings???

Erica :holy:

Only this morning I said to the kids these are the most rainbows I've ever seen in my life. They're beautiful and most of the times it's a "full rainbow". Nice picture, Jordy!

And heres one from Brisbane.....

post-12526-1248390911.jpg

Who on this forum was here in Perth last winter????? When can we expect the rains to let

up......is August just as wet, yeah, yeah, I know it's winter and all.......but enough now!! LOL!

When does it start getting lighter in the mornings???

Sorry, you'll have to live with this till mid October but I love the winter rains as it makes for a perfect dry summer.

Month Mean Total Rainfall (mm)

Jan 9.1

Feb 15.3

Mar 15.3

Apr 41.1

May 103.8

Jun 169.3

Jul 162.5

Aug 119.5

Sep 71.4

Oct 46.5

Nov 25.4

Dec 11.1

The rains in winter seem to have varied over the past 10 years. The past 2 years have seen very strong winds, stronger that in the past.

The rains can last right thru to October. Look on the postive side, if we have enough rain perhaps they will lift water restrictions at some stage!!!

The more rain we have the better for our dams and the farmers etc etc.

Today is a perfect winter day, should remind you of a high veld winter. Clear blue skys and crips mornings and evennings.

Edited by Enrica

Have to agree with you Almost Aussie, this winter in Perth has had an abundant share of rainbows. When I see them I am always reminded that G-D is true to HIS WORD.

This picture I took using my mobile, hence to not so good quality :ilikeit:

post-12176-1248412511.jpg

Have to agree with you Almost Aussie, this winter in Perth has had an abundant share of rainbows. When I see them I am always reminded that G-D is true to HIS WORD.

This picture I took using my mobile, hence to not so good quality :ilikeit:

Wow, amazing, looks like a painting!!

Thanks for that.......October hey, oh well then we will be complaining about

the heat!

Erica