Has anyone been fishing in and around Adelaide

Tazz

I was just wondering if anyones done some fishing in and around Adelaide and what their experiences have been like :ilikeit:

Cant say that I have. I am not a good " papswaaier" and not to keen on it myself but some of my friends recon there are many very good fishing places around Adlelaide. Also further south of Adelaide towards Cape Jarvis there are many good fishing spots I have seen in my travels there.

Most South Australians either surf fish or fish from a boat, such as a dinghy.

Whenever I go to visit my wife's rellies on the "West Coast" . . . about 800 kms west of Adelaide . . . my brothers-in-law take me out to catch King George Whiting and sea Salmon, catching in a morning or afternoon, enough to pay for the petrol cost of getting over there. . . . $200 or so.

Great eating fish.

The cricket commentators mentioned about what a good tasting fish the King George whiting is.

at up to $45 a kilo, even Mrs Balls chutney would taste good! :)

at up to $45 a kilo, even Mrs Balls chutney would taste good! :whome:

A bargain.....well I guess not....suppose I just have to catch some ;)

Tazz, my hubbie sometimes goes fishing with a friend. They go down to Hallet Cove on the rocks. There is very good fishing at the Onkaparinga Mouth near Port Noarlunga a bit further South. The fishing here is very good, by all accounts. There's even a "fishing report" included in the weather report on ABC radio and TV - makes me giggle every time. It tells you where to go for what type of fish on that day and also the tides, wind etc. B)

Australia has a jetty for just about every town on its coastline.

On any summer's day, especially in the evenings, you will find folks fishing off the jetty with either rod or simply a handline thrown in. Occasionally you'll find a net for crabs in the water if you look hard enough.

There are size limits, the sizes of various fish in the locality are on display at the fishing noticeboard on every jetty.

There are heavy fines for taking undersized fish, but you should still get a feed or two by sticking to the limits indicated on the noticeboard.

No fishing permit is needed in South Australia . . . . yet.

Thank you for the info.

Its funny how Hallet Cove seems the place for us to be......It kinda reminds of a Ballito ....but not as built up

Edited by Tazz

Good it seems I have a fishing partner in Annettes Hubby B)