New SA shop in Duncraig,Perth

LindyM

Just seen advert in Joondalup Times ! This shop is in Lilburne Rd Duncraig -behind the High school. Some items were cheaper-Pronutro selling for $5 and Aquafresh for $2-95.

The sausages were arriving at 5.30 pm today and they also plan to open a take away service - selling traditional meals like bobotie, Durban curries, bunny chow and briyani.

Bring it on!

Lindy

Now we're talking, can't wait for the Bunnie Chow.....

If the prices are good, I will support them.. :ilikeit:

GRRRR!! Impossible to find any South African products in South Australia! Enjoy...

Now we're talking, can't wait for the Bunnie Chow.....

If the prices are good, I will support them.. :)

Hah, hah........I agree with you Ausraven.....Bunnie Chow...yipeeee!!

Will just have to go thru this weekend!!

Thanks for the tip Lindy, your a star!!

Erica

GRRRR!! Impossible to find any South African products in South Australia! Enjoy...

Ag shame, dirtbike.....now I feel a bit guilty!

Erica :) LOL!

So how was the bunny chow Ausraven? What are their prices like?

Susan

We have just come back from our local SA shop, Springbok Delights, and what a delight the experience was. They are in Mowbray Rd in Lance Cove Sydney, for anyone still looking for a fix around these parts. Very nice shop with a butcher attached. I now have 4 bottles Pecks Anchovette for my toast and tins of guavas to go with my Carnation Ideal milk for afters. Jummm. Did I mention that I'm pregnant. Have been craving food from the old country recently and have found the internet a good source of recipes. Have already made pampoenkoekies this week (twice) and a pudding called "Japie se gunstelling". Classic "Kook en geniet" staples.

Your original post about Eskort sausages got me thinking, what is in those little buggers, so I looked it up on their website. Thought someone else might also find this interesting, especially the addition of MSG!?

Hey if the tons of Arrowmat didn't kill us allread.....

Pork (total meat minimum 75%, fat maximum 30%), Wheat rusk, Salt, MSG, Preservative: Sulphur Dioxide, Anti-caking Agent, Sugar, Anti-oxidant, Spices.

I have to agree with those sausages Rozellem but when I was there ,4 people arrived looking for them!

The takeaway food section is not open yet as they are bringing someone who can cook ! I believe the biltong is also about $10 p/kg cheaper than other places -they had run out by lunchtime today.

I will try and get their ph number and post it here -always good to ph and check if they have what you need first.

Lindy

Are they looking for someone to cook or do they have someone that they are waiting for? I know a South African who is sudying cooking here in Perth and can cook all the old SA meals well.

I will look for their phone number and pass it on to her.

Susan

We have already tried some of this guy's boerewors-the tradiotional and the chutney flavours and it is DELCIOUS!! I am very fussy about boerewors and did not even taste boerewors as nice as this IN South Africa. We also introduced family of us to his boerewors ( they have been living here for 3 years already and claimed to know where the best boerewors is in Perth) - they were pleasantly surprised and admitted this boerewors to be better than the brand they knew. :ilikeit:

Went there yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised ... they are significantly cheaper than the one in Joondalup and we thought that the boerewors and biltong was really, really tasty. The kids were so happy to see Chappies of all things ... ??

Even items like Grandpa headache powders were just under $5 cheaper a box. Will support them for sure! :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I also went on Saturday to make some purchases, they are defintely cheaper that the other store in Joondalup, but the best part is they are so much more friendly that the other store. That alone is enough to make me shop there!!!!

I also went on Saturday to make some purchases, they are defintely cheaper that the other store in Joondalup, but the best part is they are so much more friendly that the other store. That alone is enough to make me shop there!!!!

I will second that Enrica, they are very inviting and my family will definitely be supporting them.

Cheers

Noele

• 4 weeks later...
So how was the bunny chow Ausraven? What are their prices like?

Susan

As others have noted, the food section is having it's teething problems ... will have to wait and see. It's been more 30 yrs since I had a BC, so I can wait a few weeks longer.

As for prices and friendliness :ilikeit:

Ausraven

I will look for their phone number and pass it on to her.

Susan

The phone of African Heritage number is:

(08) 9246 7444

Ausraven

We have already tried some of this guy's boerewors-the tradiotional and the chutney flavours and it is DELCIOUS!!

Their chutney falvour boerewors is the best :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: going to buy lots more on friday, its really lekker :ilikeit::ilikeit:

• 2 months later...

can you perhaps provide the physical address for this shop? We are from Mandurah and would like to visit the shop over the weekend.

BG