Graad in Afrikaans gedoen

aniena

Hi julle

Ons lees op immi dat om die 5 bonuspunte te kry vir die feit dat ons,ons graad in Afrikaans gedoen het (community language) moet ons drie bewyse inhandig. Gesertifiseerde kopiee van ons graad (hoeveel weet ons nie ?) en dan 'n 'academic transcript"en 'n brief wat deur die universiteit uitgereik word wat se dat jy wel jou kursus in afrikaans gedoen het. Wat is die akademiese transcript ? En waar kry ons dit? Ons dink dis 'n uiteensetting van jou vakke maar die universiteit het gese hulle kan dit nie gee nie. (dalk was ons by die verkeerde departement ? )

Groete

Aniena

Hallo daar

Vergewe maar die Engels...

At the end of every year you are given your results per subject (like a report card) - That is your transcript (or good enough to be considered as one).

Did they ask for the transcripts specifically? Using your matric certificate also works as it will show that you did Afrikaans as a subject.

Norm

More Aniena,

Die “Academic Transcript” is basies jou akademiese rekord met al jou vakke en punte gelys. Ons het by Universiteit van Pretoria studeer en het die “Academic Transcript” aangevra by csc@up.ac.za

Ons het ‘n brief van die betrokke Akademiese Departemente aangevra wat bevestig dat ons kursurse aangebied was in Afrikaans.

Hoop jy kom reg!

Groete, Pippa! X

Dankie Pippa en Norm ons het reg gekom. Die eerste vrou het seker nie verstaan nie.

Norm am I correct to say that my brother-in-law that studied at a english university can get the bonus points by giving his matric certificate as evidence, stating that he had Afrikaans as a second language ? It doesn't sound right. His home language is afrikaans but he studied in english.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards

Aniena

That's what I sent through as my evidence and I haven't been asked to provide further evidence, so I assume it was fine. Send whatever is easiest and makes sense to you - they will ask for more evidence if it's not enough "proof".

I don't think they are so hung-up about the Afrikaans proof in any case - I think they assume you can speak Afrikaans if you come from SA. Makes up for us all having to go for the IELTS.

Norm

That's what I sent through as my evidence and I haven't been asked to provide further evidence, so I assume it was fine. Send whatever is easiest and makes sense to you - they will ask for more evidence if it's not enough "proof".

I don't think they are so hung-up about the Afrikaans proof in any case - I think they assume you can speak Afrikaans if you come from SA. Makes up for us all having to go for the IELTS.

Norm

The requirement is a qualification, of equivalent standard to an Australian degree, gained from a University where all the instruction was in the community language (read Afrikaans).

Edited by JJV