Hospitals S/E Melbourne

lisabella

Hi all,

I fell pregnant almost as soon as I got here and now have to decide which hospital I want to have my baby. Unfortunately my medical aid has a clause in it that I cannot claim for anything maternity related for my first year so I am going to have to go public.

My doc said I can either go to Sandringham or Monash. Does ayone have any feedback on either hospital?

Many thanks in advance

Lisa :ilikeit::blush:

Hi,

I know a South African nurse that works at Monash in maternity. I'll as her permission, and then pm her details to you.

Elana

Hi,

I know a South African nurse that works at Monash in maternity. I'll as her permission, and then pm her details to you.

Elana

Aaaawww thanks Elana :ilikeit:

Isabella,

Did you get my pm, don't know if I did it correctly...

Elana

Hi Elana,

Please also PM me with the details. My wife is due end Sept and our entry date is 29 Dec. We are thinking of maube havibg the baby there.

Regards,

Isabella,

Did you get my pm, don't know if I did it correctly...

Elana

i did - thanks a mill x

My dogtertjie se skool het nou die dag Monash toe gegaan vir 'n uitstappie en ek was sommer saam om toesig te hou. Monash is baie mooi. Skoon en personeel is baie vriendelik. Ons was nie in die Maternity afdeling nie maar die Kinder afdeling is baie goed. Daar is selfs 'n juffrou deeltyds wat die kinders help met skoolwerk.

A colleague of mine had her baby at Monash as a private patient in a public hospital. She fell pregnant while doing her post-doc in the US, and decided to come back as her parents live here. Private health also didn't cover her delivery. She was happy with Monash.