TRA skills assesment help please!

hanneskn

Hi everyone,

First of all I just want to say that i'm so proud of us South Africans standing together and helping one another in such a way!! I hope and pray that all you fellow forumites have a smooth proccess and that all of you get good news soon.

My wife and I went to see Hitchcock and ass. yesterday and Cecil Bass was very confident that we would qualify for a 136. the only thing is that we need to hand in our visa apl. before my 35th birhtday wich is the 1st of April :lol:. otherwise we would lose 5 points (and we only got 120 points!) We decided that we are going to handle the aplication ourselves ($4500.00 AUS is alot of lolly!!!) :).

My question: My skills assesment is going to be done by TRA, can anyone please give me advice on how to prepare the application esspecially the task descriptions/job experience ect. Can i just follow the instructions as outlined on the TRA website? anyone with any experiance?

I'm a horticulturist that studied at the old Thechnicon Pretoria (Tswhane University of technology) 1990 - 1992.

Hannes & Lizellle

hi

Het pm vir jou gestuur, sal jou help met voorbeelde. Het ook by technikon studeer en erste keer deur TRA gekry. Jy behoort meer as 120 te he, tensy jou rigting mnder punte werd is. Ons het n agent gebruik so sal dit wat ek geleer en voor betaal het met jou deel 9dink dits eter as jy dit self doen).

Hi Opperman

Miskien kan jy ons ook help, my man moet ook nou sy TRA doen (Motor Mechanic) en ons is ook nie te seker wat om waar te doen nie, hoe dit betaal moet word ens. En in hoeveel detail dit ingevul moet word nie.

Sal dit baie waardeer as jy ons kan help.

Dankie

Brenda

Hi Opperman

Miskien kan jy ons ook help, my man moet ook nou sy TRA doen (Motor Mechanic) en ons is ook nie te seker wat om waar te doen nie, hoe dit betaal moet word ens. En in hoeveel detail dit ingevul moet word nie.

Sal dit baie waardeer as jy ons kan help.

Dankie

Brenda

My man het so 2 maande terug syne gedoen, hy is n juwelier... hy het n volledige dokument van ek dink amper 60 bladsye ingestuur wat sy "portfolio" ingesluit het. Hy het geglo, hoe meer info, hoe beter!! Sit soveel as moontlik info ivm sy werk, details en so meer in.

Is nie seker hoe betaling vir julle sal werk nie, ons het syne hier in Aus gedoen, so het dit met money order betaal.

Sterkte!!

Caro

Hi Hanneskn

From what I remebered for my TRA . You must get from Tshwane Teckinikon....is a letter that you studied there from when to when and a complete print out of your marks.

Hope this help.

Good Luck

Caro

Dankie vir die reply, ek sal maar kyk wat ons in die hande kan kry, my man het 16jaar vir dieselfde maatskappy as motor mechanic gewerk.

Hulle het 'n letter of reference gegee, maar dis asl, ons sal seker self 'n verduideliking van sy "duties" moet doen.

Wish me luck........

Dankie

Brenda

Hi Hanneskn

From what I remebered for my TRA . You must get from Tshwane Teckinikon....is a letter that you studied there from when to when and a complete print out of your marks.

Hope this help.

Good Luck

Hi Tazz,

Must they also provide me with a document that states the different subjects and a description of each subject or is the points thing sufficiant?

Regards,

Hannes.

Hi Tazz,

Must they also provide me with a document that states the different subjects and a description of each subject or is the points thing sufficiant?

Regards,

Hannes.

For me it I was at Technikon Natal...Now the Durban Institute......They were happy just with all the subjects and marks.....That is your fulll technikon Diploma history from year 1 to year 3.

Part of the TRA evaluates wether you have a valid certificate ie not fraudulent.

Hi Tazz,

Thank you, they're unfortunatly closed until the 8th of Jan. 07, but i'll be on their case as soos as they open ;) .

Hannes.

Good Luck

It shouldnt be to hard all you have to do is present them with your student number and maybe ID #