PR nearl approved (NO AGENTS)

Iron-gut

Just received our case officer and request for additional info for PR application.

They are waiting for us to submit the following:

Evidence of on-going relationship(as we are newly weds) - thats easy.

Australian Federal Police Certificates - a schlep but easy enough (is this normal??)

Medical Exams - going next wednesday

Evidence of Vocational english, wife going for IELTS next saturday

Evidence of Functional English - this 1 totally throws me, I hold a UK passport(born in Scotland), schooled in english. The case officer advises me to sit IELTS????? Am I missing something here, with the wait this could delay us by 3 months!!

Can anyone offer advise on the last 1?

Iron Gut :hug:

Australian Federal Police Certificates - a schlep but easy enough (is this normal??) Iron Gut <_<

The AFP Certificate is necessary because you are already living in Australia. It is VERY easy to obtain - no fingerprints & stuff necessary. You complete the form, attach a copy of your passport, a cheque for $36 and a self-addressed paid envelope. Two weeks later and you have your certificate! (You can donwload the form from the DIMIA site - Form 1101 Police Records Check)

Sorry, can't help you with the last Q - you were born in an English speaking country so it does seem a bit odd...... :hug: Why don't you discuss this with your case officer? It could be a mistake.....

Thanks, just hear back from the case officer and she has advised she was wrong(GREAT!). Should be plain sailing from here.

I need to get all of the above submitted before 28 December - how long after that will they notify us to collect our PR and will we have to fly to South Africa for this or just leave the country say Siungapore?

I need to get all of the above submitted before 28 December - how long after that will they notify us to collect our PR and will we have to fly to South Africa for this or just leave the country say Siungapore?

For processing timelines of various visa application types have a look at this link. Pippa also posted info earlier this week on current processing info on this forum.

Wrt to second question, (for offshore visa types) in your visa application you normally nominate an Australian "overseas" mission to handle your visa issuing once approved.

Edited by JJV

will we have to fly to South Africa for this or just leave the country say Siungapore?

Depending on your visa type you might not have to leave the country to validate your visa. But if you do, you can basically go to any country with an Australian Embassy/Consulate. Most people go to NZ. Which Visa type are you applying for?

My apologies if this sounds a bit off, but why do you rely on informal opinions for something as important as your PR application? I'm of course sure nobody on this forum will willingly give out false or misleading information, just wondering why you take this approach :)

My dearest successfully handled our PR application, no agents involved at all, and received all the support she needed from the source, simply by asking the case officer.

Best of luck with the application nevertheless....

Cheers

Neil

My apologies if this sounds a bit off, but why do you rely on informal opinions for something as important as your PR application? I'm of course sure nobody on this forum will willingly give out false or misleading information, just wondering why you take this approach :)

My dearest successfully handled our PR application, no agents involved at all, and received all the support she needed from the source, simply by asking the case officer.

Best of luck with the application nevertheless....

Cheers

Neil

Neil

My apologies too if this sounds a bit off., suggest you should read this from the beginning.

I was asking a question to the forum because(and which I only found out afterwards) the agent had INCORRECTLY advised that I needed to sit IELTS.

So to answer your question as to why I rely on informal opinions was due to the fact that I knew the agent had to be mistaken but this was causing some confusion with me and was confirming. Next time I'll check with you first!

For the record, I have done my own application as well, just like your "dearest".

One last point, forumites ask a lot of questions on this site that they know the answers of but their are thousands reading this site benefiting from this questions and answers.

Iron-gut