Coversion power plugs for Aussie

Dedrei

Do you get conversion plugs in SA for the plugs we use in Aus. So say I buy something here with Aussie plug and send it to SA, will someone be able to use it with a converter of some sort in SA? Wonder if AA in SA will have one for Australia?

D

ek weet die AA het dit verkoop....die conversions meen ek. ek glo hulle sal Oz plugs hê.

Lindy-Lee

:hug:

Die "luggage" plekke verkoop dit ook - plekke soos "globetrotter" ens.

Dedrei,

I remember seeing one of those conversion plugs at one of the duty-free shops at Melbourne Airport a few years back. - I make a point of looking for them, just in case! :hug: What else is there to do while waiting for your flight to take off? <_<

I must admit that it is about 3 years since I last saw one. - There doesn't seem to be much of a demand for them. Maybe they might be available at the airports to which people fly directly to South Africa. - Like Perth?

Hi D

Just to add to the others Yes you get converters. You can definitely get it from the Duty Free Shop at OR Thambo Airport, saw them there in August.

Cheers

Rudi

Places like game, Dion and Makro also sell them. In fact, Game had a special on a kit last week, it was selling for R149 and can then convert the works, including Aus. The cheapest option obviously remain the knife, wire-stripper and spare plug models.

Edited by JacoE

When I bought my MP3 player a year or so ago on our LSD, I also bought a converter at the same shop - Dick Jones. They had converters for all kinds of different configurations...so havva look around the electronic shops, they might have converters as well.