Birth cert info??

mitch-sa-uk-oz

Hi all, I need help :ilikeit: Here it goes. My mom had me while not married to my biolgical father, they split. I took on mom's surname(maiden). Then mom got marrried and her new husband wanted to "adopt" me. Got adoption done and I now have and have had his surname since 1988. The plot thickens.......mom lost the adoption cert, so now I cant prove that my Birth Cert matches my Passport :ilikeit: Does anyone know who I can contact in Port Elizabeth as thats were it was done, and i'm in the UK which does make it a bit harder. Any help would be great, and let this be a lesson DONT LOSE IMPORTANT PAPERWORK!!!!

PS: What does -unabridged- mean?

Hi all, I need help :ilikeit: Here it goes. My mom had me while not married to my biolgical father, they split. I took on mom's surname(maiden). Then mom got marrried and her new husband wanted to "adopt" me. Got adoption done and I now have and have had his surname since 1988. The plot thickens.......mom lost the adoption cert, so now I cant prove that my Birth Cert matches my Passport ;) Does anyone know who I can contact in Port Elizabeth as thats were it was done, and i'm in the UK which does make it a bit harder. Any help would be great, and let this be a lesson DONT LOSE IMPORTANT PAPERWORK!!!!

Hi

I don't have a solution for you. Sorry. :D All I can tell you is that the unabridged certificate have both parents vol names on it as well as their dates of birth.

I Hope you get some help- keep on trying :ilikeit:

Regards

Aniena

Have a look through this thread: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=2155

Hi all, I need help :hug: Here it goes. My mom had me while not married to my biolgical father, they split. I took on mom's surname(maiden). Then mom got marrried and her new husband wanted to "adopt" me. Got adoption done and I now have and have had his surname since 1988. The plot thickens.......mom lost the adoption cert, so now I cant prove that my Birth Cert matches my Passport <_< Does anyone know who I can contact in Port Elizabeth as thats were it was done, and i'm in the UK which does make it a bit harder. Any help would be great, and let this be a lesson DONT LOSE IMPORTANT PAPERWORK!!!!

Hi mitch,

Provided you are older than 18, I don't think you need a birth certificate - your passport should suffice?

Good luck

Ajay

Hi mitch,

Provided you are older than 18, I don't think you need a birth certificate - your passport should suffice?

Good luck

Ajay

Wooohoooo, really?? If that is true then its all okay, thanks alot.

Mitch

Unabridged birth certificate just means that your mum and dad's names & id nr's appear on the certificate with yours.

You need this unabridged one for PR visa.

Hi again,

I just spoke with the Department of Immigration - Employer Nomination Scheme Centre, in Parramatta, and advised them that there is some conflicing advice regarding the need for a full birth certificate by all applicants. On the website, under supportuing docs, it states that all applicants need an unabridged certificate showing names of both parents. However, in Booklet 5 (whihc explains the ENS process) it states that unabrdiged certificates are needed only for any depedant children included in the application, whilst a certified copy of the personal particulars page on the passport is sufficient for the adults. She has confirmed that they are aware of the contradictory advice, but assured me that the birth certificates are ONLY required for the accompanying children.

Hope that sorts out your problem mitch-sa-uk-oz!

Cheers

Ajay

Thanks Ajay, that clears it up, crystal. I'm still trying to get hold of them though just to have them.

Mitch