Face to Face Interviews

NikkiH

Hi

Has anyone been asked to have a face to face interview in Aus while still in SA? And who paid for the plane tickets to Aus? Was it you or the potential employer?

Thanks!

Nikki,

Not quite the same, but I was invited to a face to face interview in Australia while I was in New Zealand on an LSD trip. The prospective employer paid for the flight, hotel accommodation and car hire.

I got the job and ended up working for them for 8 years.

Cheers

Larry

Hi there

My hubby had 4 video conferences and then got the job.

I would only pay for the ticket across if you made a deal that if you got the job they would reimburse you and that you were pretty certain the position was yours. I would only do a face to face after having vc, conference calls etc.

Hi there

My hubby had 4 video conferences and then got the job.

I would only pay for the ticket across if you made a deal that if you got the job they would reimburse you and that you were pretty certain the position was yours. I would only do a face to face after having vc, conference calls etc.

Well me husband flys out tomorrow to Melbourne on a face to face interview, they paying for the flights and accomodation. He has done 2 telephonic interviews, one which was about 45min to an hour long. So we'll know when he comes back. If I may why the question? Are you in a similar position?

sorry I was responding to Nikki's e-mail, I'm a bit challenged this morning

• 2 weeks later...
Well me husband flys out tomorrow to Melbourne on a face to face interview, they paying for the flights and accomodation. He has done 2 telephonic interviews, one which was about 45min to an hour long. So we'll know when he comes back. If I may why the question? Are you in a similar position?

sorry I was responding to Nikki's e-mail, I'm a bit challenged this morning

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a while.

I have been contacted by an employment agency in Sydney and they said that the company would insist on a face to face interview, if the telephonic interview went well. They then asked if I would be coming to Australia any time soon. So it seemed to me like they would not pay for any flights or accomodation. I was wondering if that was normal, but it seems like it isnt normal. I thought maybe they only pay for people applying for top level positions, and the position I am interested in is definetelly not top level :ilikeit:

I just heard from them again yesterday, and they have now changed the job spec. They seem to be a bit unsure as to what they want, so it's just a case of wait and see.

I have had a telephonic interview with another company and I am waiting to hear back from them and then if all goes well I now know that it is not unreasonable for me to expect them to pay for the flight for the interview if they want to see me in person - so thank you for that valuable info ! :thumbdown:

Thanks!