MEDICAL AID

Jill

Hi

I need some info please, between all the forumites which is the most popular medical aid, I am more interested in Hospital Cover, kids are 17 and 22.

any advice will be appreciated.

Jill

Hi Jill

I am going to take a punt here and say it may be Medibank Private, but it would just be a guess on my part!

Here is a link to 'iselect' where you can go and fill in your requirements and it will then give you the cost for cover from all the available funds.

We have been with HCF for ten years, we only have 100% hospital cover, I have been more than happy with them and never had a problem claiming. With the two operations that I had under this cover, it did not cost me a cent, it really was 100% hospital cover.

Thank you Mara, I will do that.

I hate being without hospital cover and need to get this organised asap.

Jill

iSelect is great, just remember that it doesn't give quotes on Medibank, so get one separately from their website. We use Medibank and are quite happy. Mara is right, apparently they are the biggest one.

The Big ones are:

GIO

SGIO (WA)

Medibank Private

HBF

HCF

MBF

The iselect website only compares the following funds:

* ahm

* Australian Unity

* GMF Health

* HCF

* Health Partners

* Latrobe Health Services

* nib

* rthealth

* Teachers Union Health (TUH)

We chose SGIO because if you then take your household contents with them you get 5% discount, and if you take your car as well you get another 5%.

Thanks for that info, will do some research.

Jill

Hi Jill

We are also busy with this one at the mo and from talking here it seems MBF and Medibank are most popular.