My new avatar

hagar

I had a few private emails about me displaying the real South African flag, so I thought I would make it more politically corect.

100_boer.bmp

Personally form Me, A very big thank you. , much better .... mix between Scotland and ????

Personally form Me, A very big thank you. , much better .... mix between Scotland and ????

Hahaha - you don't know your history very well, do you?

Never really did enjoy SA history at school ... The world was far more interesting ...

Put a couple of stars in there and then hey presto!!

Voortrekker flag (gebruik tussen 1836 en 1840) baie oorspronklik

Edited by Pierre&Wanda

Nee, dit is die voortrekker vlag.

za_voor.gif

Nee, dit is die voortrekker vlag.

Regtig? nie geweet nie. Vertel ons van jou "polities korrekte" vlag.

I never did understand celebrating a war they lost :lol:

Referring to?

He probably thought it is some version of the Confederate flag. It is not, it was for a short time the ZAR flag before they adopted the Vierkleur.

Correct! No Yankie I've ever quizzed about that subject can give me an answer :ilikeit:

I mean they lost...move along and forget about it! Not re-enact giving up every year :ilikeit:

Edited by Mythryl

Correct! No Yankie I've ever quizzed about that subject can give me an answer :ilikeit:

I mean they lost...move along and forget about it! Not re-enact giving up every year :whome:

Just because you lost a war, doesn't mean you're going to throw your identity away, if your proud of who you are. It would be like the Afrikaners thowing their identity away and becoming English after the Anglo-Boer war, or the Irish taking on an English identity, or the Germans becoming Ango-American after WW1.

Just because you lost a war, doesn't mean you're going to throw your identity away, if your proud of who you are. It would be like the Afrikaners thowing their identity away and becoming English after the Anglo-Boer war, or the Irish taking on an English identity, or the Germans becoming Ango-American after WW1.

Agree on the not giving identity up, but rather reffering to battle re-enactments and re-enacting the actual surrender.

I never did understand celebrating a war they lost :whome:

Us Aussies and our good neighbours, the kiwis do that every year on Anzac day :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

South Africa has a very interesting history in my opinion. :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. Hagar you should consider changing your avatar again sometime to the Eureka flag :ilikeit:

Us Aussies and our good neighbours, the kiwis do that every year on Anzac day :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

South Africa has a very interesting history in my opinion. :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. Hagar you should consider changing your avatar again sometime to the Eureka flag :ilikeit:

I should have said re-enact :holy: