What to bring and what to leave behind?

Lee

Hi Guys!

We have reached the stage of trying to sort through what to bring and what to leave behind. :ilikeit: I know the general feeling is to pack the container as full as possible but for those of you who have made the move, did you have any specific regrets when you arrived about having left/taken an item?

Also I have a Miele vacuum cleaner, model S312i - does anybody know whether I would be able to purchase bags for it in Aus or is this one of the items that I should replace once there. Does Aus even have Miele products?

I still hear so many conflicting stories about t.v.'s working/not working - should we just bite the bullet and invest in a nice plasma over there rather then cart our 2 big backed ones over?

Thanks,

Lee :stretcher:

Hi Guys!

We have reached the stage of trying to sort through what to bring and what to leave behind. :ilikeit: I know the general feeling is to pack the container as full as possible but for those of you who have made the move, did you have any specific regrets when you arrived about having left/taken an item?

Also I have a Miele vacuum cleaner, model S312i - does anybody know whether I would be able to purchase bags for it in Aus or is this one of the items that I should replace once there. Does Aus even have Miele products?

I still hear so many conflicting stories about t.v.'s working/not working - should we just bite the bullet and invest in a nice plasma over there rather then cart our 2 big backed ones over?

Thanks,

Lee :stretcher:

Hi Lee,

Sorry, cant help with the decision of what to leave and what to take, as we kinda left most our stuff behind. I can tell you however that i have a Miele stove in the apartment we are in and have a look at http://www.miele.com.au/index1.asp maybe that will help you!!

Cheers

Caro

You're in luck, Lee!

I just checked our Miele vacuum cleaner and it's an "Electronic" 326i . . . . so all the "300' series take the same bag.

The bags come in packs of 5 and cost about $15 a time (for 5)

Miele have a service dep't down Burbridge Road (now called Sir Donald Bradman Drive) in Mile End South, just a three minute drive west, towards the beach, out of the city centre.

You can get anything "Miele" there.

I don't know what you intend bringing, but one thing I always say . . . bring anything of family value that has been passed down or is from a loved one.

I'm a sentimalist, I know, but some things are just not able to be replaced in future times, no matter how much cash you part with!

99.99% of Sth African TVs will work in Australia, so bring your telly and just use the remote with all the various options to obtain best colour and sound in Australia.

Edited by Bob

Hi Bronwyn,

No, we are heading to Perth on 03rd Feb 07 :stretcher::ilikeit: However, my aim is to see as much of Aus as I can and we will hopefully head to Adelaide at some stage!

Thanks to all of you for your responses - you and this site are fantastic!! :ilikeit:

Lee