Lynne: Arriving in Adelaide very soon

Denise

Hi Everyone

I have just joined this forum. My husband and I and our 15 year old daughter arrive in Adelaide on 13 Jan 2007. We are very busy getting organised, what with selling our house etc. We are very nervous as we don't have jobs to come to etc. My other children are coming with us to have their visa stamped and then returning to Cape Town to continue with their studies. We am very emotional about this as we will miss them terribly. We are also leaving lots of family behind. We were in Adelaide in July 2006 and really liked the city. We are hoping to settle in The Flagstaff Hill or Aberfoyle Park area.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming on the forum and to Riekie for my very friendly personal post.

Lynne/Denise

Guest Bronwyn

Wow Lynne - That's brave of you to leave your other kids behind to finish studying. What a big decision :stretcher: .From what I've heard on the forum older kids can really battle to fit in, and so it sounds like you've made the right choice for now. I'm sure it has taken a lot of thought, and seeing the 'big picture' on their behalf.

As you may or may not know we also have to leave my husband's 14 year old son here with his mom. We have a very close relationship with him, but he is also part of a new family (his mom's remarried and he has another sister). It's going to be a steep adjustment for all of us...

I wish you all the best in the next few weeks, and we will definately meet once we're all in Adelaide. I'm sure it will help all of us to have 'met' some people beforehand.

The forum family helps a lot.

Good luck and try to keep the stress-barometer down!

Bronwyn

Edited by Bronwyn