Australian Email address

HouseInOz

Hi there

We want to get an Oz email address, which has proved to be the most reliable? We are not yet in Oz.

Please advise.

Hi HouseInOz

My advice would be to set up a Gmail account - free of charge. You'll be able to access it via the Internet from any computer in any country in the world. Once you're used to Gmail, you'd probably never want to use e-mail any other way. :cry:

www.gmail.com

Hi HouseInOz

My advice would be to set up a Gmail account - free of charge. You'll be able to access it via the Internet from any computer in any country in the world. Once you're used to Gmail, you'd probably never want to use e-mail any other way. :cry:

www.gmail.com

Hi Kangaroo

I already have a gmail account, but have heard that an OZ email address gives one the edge in terms of getting a position.....?

Hi Kangaroo

I already have a gmail account, but have heard that an OZ email address gives one the edge in terms of getting a position.....?

Personally never heard of this. Gmail is used widely in Oz (and whole world) - same with other Internet e-mail options e.g. hotmail, Yahoo etc.

Just make sure your Gmail address/name is YOUR name (e.g. johnsmith [at] gmail.com) and not some weird/funny equivalent (e.g. johnnybegood172 [at] gmail.com) - keep it professional and uncluttered.

Edited by kangaroo

I agree, My friend organized me a .com.au email address. When I send applications I send them from that.

I was getting no response from my .co.za email. but did get relies from my .com.au.

GET an Aussie email!

• 3 months later...

Nothing easier... you can use your existing gmail address and point it to a custom domain name. that way it will look like a australian, or whatever domain name you register, address to the world and you keep all the advantages of gmail.

first step would be to register your own Australian domain name: http://www.crazydomains.com.au/domain_names/register.html

Make sure it is something 'official' or 'professional' sounding - you don't want a silly email address for doing serious things like job hunting for.

Next step would be to link it to your existing gmail account. Instructions on how to do it can be found here:

http://seb2point0.com/tutorials/setup-gmai...own-domain-name

happy mailing...